PDA

View Full Version : alpine 9855 help

miniaznkid
04-25-2009, 03:24 AM
when i press the eject button on the 9855 and close it back the cd player doesnt go in all the way. i have to take out the case and tilt it back up. is there anyway where i can fix this so it doesn't get stuck

"that boy asad"
04-25-2009, 01:53 PM
check the kit and anything around it that might be in the way... also detach the face and put it back on!

ejschultz
04-25-2009, 06:54 PM
if it's an original 9855 from the beginning of 2005 and has never been refurbished, you may see some problems like this. the motors they used for the face would act up and sometimes quit completely. i've got a refurbed 9855 with no problems and i'm on my second 9853 in my truck. the first was replaced under warranty, within the first 30 days i owned it because of the motor. i believe pacparts.com would have a new motor for it. if you're good with electronics, you should be able to change it out. otherwise, i'd give alpine a call and see if there's anything they could do for you. when i called them, they said they were having a lot of problems with the motorized faces and that they were under warranty for that year.

miniaznkid
04-26-2009, 04:08 AM
u think its too late for warranty i got it off craigslist from someone

ejschultz
04-26-2009, 12:36 PM
unfortunately, yes. the warranty ended sometime in 2006 possibly early 2007. just because there's no warranty on it doesn't mean they won't service it though. they'll probably charge you, but they'll give you a quote over the phone first. if it's under $200, i'd probably get it fixed. it's hard to find a unit for that price with the features the 9855 offers. if it's more than that, you can spend $250 to $300 on a decent new unit with similar features. my gf just got a kenwood excelon KDC-X693 that's got time alignment and a 2 way crossover. i think it's also got a 5 band eq. no 3 way or anything like that though. she paid like 200 shipped for it. i figured it was a decent price, probably could have done a little better. it wouldn't have been from an authorized dealer and only would have saved her about $30. figured to actually get the 2 year warranty and all the install accessories free from crutchfield, it was worth the extra $30. it's also got a 24 bit DAC. that's something the 9855 doesn't have. it's basically the main reason i'm thinking about changing mine out for a premier p800prs. also, the kenwood doesn't have a motorized face...one less thing to go wrong in the future.

miniaznkid
04-26-2009, 03:12 PM
thanks i guess i call alpine tomorrow to find out