PDA

View Full Version : Blew my ID ctx tweets...suggestions for new tweet?

da box king
04-24-2009, 10:17 PM
Well I've been messing with my active setup and sometime along the way I blew my tweets. I knew things have not been sounding right, I just thought I needed more tuning, and play with my settings. I was addjusting my gain for my tweets today and noticed they were not working.

good news though, I think I got my mids tuned in.lol I'm not sure how the tweets even sounded, as I could not tell with ****** tuning. They did not seem to be distorting, but I may have been clipping them at high volume...anyways I need a new set of tweets. What do you suggest? Cheap would be nice since I think I'm gonna get a set of horns in the summer.

I dont want anything harsh. Or does anyone know how much ID would charge to repair them? I doubt the warranty covers them.

rocky 59
04-24-2009, 10:19 PM
lpg nfa25's, smooth as a babies ***

da box king
04-24-2009, 10:22 PM

price? how much power do they take?

gonna be running them off my front channels on my 100.4

da box king
04-24-2009, 10:25 PM

actually out of my price range for now:crap:

rocky 59
04-24-2009, 10:28 PM
your trying to run a 3way active and 43.00 a piece for tweets is out of your range???

da box king
04-24-2009, 10:39 PM
your trying to run a 3way active and 43.00 a piece for tweets is out of your range???

yes actually right now it is. Full time student, and I got $300 till I start workin again in a month:crap:

maybe I can pull $86 tho, got a link to where to get them for that price?

Xprime4
04-24-2009, 10:39 PM
Hum you must have cross them real low. The passive crossover cut them at 4,3khz with a 12db slope if i remember well.

I'm putting a lot of power to this set without any problem so far. They never ever smell with gain set at 300+ on dmm. I know they aren't getting the whole 300 constant, but some songs sure aren't far from the constant sinewave ... thinking about jeezy

rocky 59
04-24-2009, 10:47 PM
http://www.madisound.com/catalog/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=138&products_id=541

there worth it, running them for 3 years and there basically the only thing in my system that has stayed put :D

da box king
04-24-2009, 11:11 PM
Hum you must have cross them real low. The passive crossover cut them at 4,3khz with a 12db slope if i remember well.

I'm putting a lot of power to this set without any problem so far. They never ever smell with gain set at 300+ on dmm. I know they aren't getting the whole 300 constant, but some songs sure aren't far from the constant sinewave ... thinking about jeezy

are you running them active?

I neeeevver got them to stink, and the distortion was not terribly noticable if there was any. All I no is I hooked my dmm to them and there was no reading. Seems like they are blown right? ***** no matter

I hooked em up to a 9v battery and didnt get them to pop of anything....:confused:

da box king
04-24-2009, 11:14 PM
http://www.madisound.com/catalog/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=138&products_id=541

there worth it, running them for 3 years and there basically the only thing in my system that has stayed put :D

what mid do you have them on?

I almost want to get out of active and go back to simple passive...I do see advantages in active tho

I'm suprised my midranges are decently keeping up to my substage:laugh:.....atleast I have some highs to listen too

rocky 59
04-24-2009, 11:16 PM
what mid do you have them on?

I almost want to get out of active and go back to simple passive...I do see advantages in active tho

I'm suprised my midranges are decently keeping up to my substage:laugh:.....atleast I have some highs to listen too

i have the dayton ref's 7'' as midbass and scan speek 5.5 revs for midrange processed on the h701. its lovely

da box king
04-24-2009, 11:20 PM
i have the dayton ref's 7'' as midbass and scan speek 5.5 revs for midrange processed on the h701. its lovely

nice man. I hope to get them hang of it someday:laugh: