PDA

View Full Version : slot ports vs tube ports

Jbarbier
09-17-2003, 07:01 PM
i know that slots are better, but why? and does it make much of a difference? does the tube (round) have more port noise in comparison to slotted?

n0ftInc
09-17-2003, 07:28 PM
I am also very interested in knowing this.. Would slots tuned the same as tubes bring about more dBs..?

namster44
09-17-2003, 10:54 PM
theres only those two differences, but ported by tube or slot will not make you box better because it's a slot or tube. The box is only good as you make it...

Jbarbier
09-19-2003, 11:48 PM
aight...sooo 2 jl w3s with about ~180 watts a piece, how would that do with tube? and what about with like 400 a piece?

bigred78797
09-20-2003, 01:38 AM
Like namster said the shape doesn't matter as long as it's made good. If you use pvc pipe that's 2mm thick and long then the port will flex and if you make a slot port poorly then you will have similar effects but if you build them both of good quality then they will have nearly identical results... though the round port would have slightly less resonance or is it more resonance... i think it's less resonace in the round ports due to the lack of parallel surfaces. But most slot ports have parallel surfaces causing more resonance. Oh yeah and usually slot ports come out neater for bigginners because they are easier to build... usually.

Jbarbier
09-21-2003, 12:05 AM
well, i was asking, because it seems that pvc ports and such would be easier to make! slot ports seem more difficult