PDA

View Full Version : Mazda 6 Hatch box design? Anyone?

bumpin_blazer
04-23-2009, 11:33 PM
I'm wondering if anyone has ever built a box for a Mazda 6 hatch? I'm trying to figure out what to do for my box design and I'm looking for box options if anyone has them.

DNick454
04-24-2009, 09:28 AM
Since the hatch/trunk is connected to the cabin, a sub up port back design would be best. If you give me some dimensions I can design you something a little later tonight. I'm at school right now :D

bumpin_blazer
04-24-2009, 09:48 AM
So top firing sub and rear port? I was thinking of that or both facing the rear only because the MB Quart ref is a good looking sub lol.

DNick454
04-24-2009, 09:51 AM
I mean, that would sound fine, but the optimal setup for a hatchback, SUV or any vehicle that has the cabin and trunk area as one connected volume is sub(s) facing upward with the port firing into the rear of the car. Beside you'd still be able to see the sub, and since it's a hatchback, I'm assuming it has one of those little rollup covers that you can pull over the trunk area to cover up what's inside. Nice way to not get your **** stolen :D

bumpin_blazer
04-24-2009, 09:59 AM
Actually the Mazda 6 hatch has a semi hard plastic/fiberglass hatch cover. It slides into the hatch lid and when you open the hatch the back half opens up with the hatch. It's a pretty cool design and yes it does cover stuff perfectly. My concern is that ***** is going to rattle but that's why if it does I'll throw a layer of deadener on it to make it heavier and hopefully avoid the rattle lol.

lowriderram_95
04-24-2009, 09:59 AM
Yea I've got a Malibu Maxx that is essentially just chevy's version of the Mazda 6 hatch and at one point had a 4 cube box for a 15 tuned to around 38 hz sub up port back and it definitely slammed compared to the sealed **** I had in it before.

bumpin_blazer
04-24-2009, 10:14 AM
Yeah I love the small/compact hatches. The Malibu Maxx is actually a bit bigger than the 6 in that hatch version. The hatch looks almost the same as the regular 6 other than the back window obviousl being bigger.

mazda6i07
04-24-2009, 10:34 AM
Nice a fellow mazda 6 owner. ha I think i've seen you on the mazda forums anyway. Sub up port back or both sub and port back. I have in my 6 sedan forward firing.

bumpin_blazer
04-24-2009, 10:40 AM
same name on there if it's mazda6club. I'm just looking for more ideas here as not a lot of audio junkies over there.