PDA

View Full Version : Box deisgn for 95 Buick Roadmaster...?

blaze383
04-23-2009, 08:42 PM
A friend of mine has 4 12'' Diamond Audio D1s that he is wanting to put in the trunk of his Buick, he is wanting to stay sealed I believe for sound quality purposes but he doesnt know what he should tune it to and he was going to see if anyone had pics from their builds that consisted of 4 subs. He wants the subs to face the hatch of his car. Any help, input or guiding would be nice, thanks!:D

DNick454
04-24-2009, 09:57 AM
A friend of mine has 4 12'' Diamond Audio D1s that he is wanting to put in the trunk of his Buick, he is wanting to stay sealed I believe for sound quality purposes but he doesnt know what he should tune it to and he was going to see if anyone had pics from their builds that consisted of 4 subs. He wants the subs to face the hatch of his car. Any help, input or guiding would be nice, thanks!:D

There is no tuning involved in building a sealed box. All you've gotta do is get the volume right and make the box non-phail with some good straight cuts and construct it correctly and it'll sound good.

blaze383
04-24-2009, 10:50 AM
There is no tuning involved in building a sealed box. All you've gotta do is get the volume right and make the box non-phail with some good straight cuts and construct it correctly and it'll sound good.

Well do you have an idea for him?

DNick454
04-24-2009, 02:19 PM
Well, for 12's, I'd say maybe like 1.5 cubic foot per sub, it's up to him if he'd like to have separate chambers for each sub or not. If he makes it one shared chamber though, make sure to add a bit of bracing to the corners and maybe a dowel rod or two supporting parallel walls.

blaze383
04-24-2009, 05:16 PM
Well, for 12's, I'd say maybe like 1.5 cubic foot per sub, it's up to him if he'd like to have separate chambers for each sub or not. If he makes it one shared chamber though, make sure to add a bit of bracing to the corners and maybe a dowel rod or two supporting parallel walls.

Would you be willing to do a few free of those 3D lookin designs in your signature for him to give him an idea of what he could have his trunk look like and if he sees one he likes he would probably pay you for a plan.

DNick454
04-24-2009, 06:09 PM
Yeah, what kind of dimensions does he have to work with in his trunk?

blaze383
04-24-2009, 09:51 PM
Yeah, what kind of dimensions does he have to work with in his trunk?

Uh.....not sure to be perfectly honest. I know he has about 60 inches in width, probabably every bit of 30 inches in depth and 24-30 in height maybe?

DNick454
04-24-2009, 10:05 PM
Uh.....not sure to be perfectly honest. I know he has about 60 inches in width, probabably every bit of 30 inches in depth and 24-30 in height maybe?

Lol, 60 inches in width? as in 5 feet? I knew roadmasters were big but ****!

I gotta go out to dinner real quick, but I'll do some calculations in a bit.

blaze383
04-27-2009, 10:11 AM
Still hunting a box plan or some sketches to give him an idea.....