PDA

View Full Version : Single woofer replacement for CDT CL-62

ZeroGuage
04-23-2009, 08:27 PM
I had one of my CL-62 woofers go out on me the other day, im looking for a single woofer i could purchase that would be a decent replacement. I figure this would be cheaper then buying another complete set. Need something that handles 150 watts rms.

Was thinking about trying these:
http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=299-042

cbrei1023
04-23-2009, 08:33 PM
I would never replace just 1 woofer from a component set. If you were to try that, get 2. I feel that the 2 woofers would produce a different sound.

WoofersEtc.com
04-25-2009, 01:20 PM
I had one of my CL-62 woofers go out on me the other day, im looking for a single woofer i could purchase that would be a decent replacement. I figure this would be cheaper then buying another complete set. Need something that handles 150 watts rms.

Was thinking about trying these:
http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=299-042

Do not mix match mids.

If the set was purchased from an authorized CDT dealer you should be able to get the mid repaired or replaced under warranty. CDT has excellent warrranty service and should be able to assist you. We at WoofersEtc.com may be able to assist you even if the product was not purchased from us as well so feel free to send us an email at [email protected]

cj407
04-25-2009, 01:25 PM
wow now a wholesale company is on CA.com?

bustaplz
04-25-2009, 04:02 PM
wow now a wholesale company is on CA.com?

Kinda funny, but I'd say they are the most popular car audio website there is. I know I order most of my stuff from Woofers, nice to see a little representation in the community.

Hoodlum007
04-25-2009, 05:04 PM
Wow. Props to Woofersetc for trying to help a guy who may not have even purchased products from them.

KyleBechtold
04-25-2009, 05:07 PM
they joined this site because someone was bad mouthing them..

RowJoe
04-25-2009, 05:29 PM
they joined this site because someone was bad mouthing them..

What's your point?

papermaker
04-25-2009, 09:20 PM
you cna exchange them via CDT.. you can get the HD mids for like 150... well worth the upgrade..

ZeroGuage
04-26-2009, 12:40 AM
Do not mix match mids.

If the set was purchased from an authorized CDT dealer you should be able to get the mid repaired or replaced under warranty. CDT has excellent warrranty service and should be able to assist you. We at WoofersEtc.com may be able to assist you even if the product was not purchased from us as well so feel free to send us an email at [email protected]

I really appreciate the help, unfortunately i purchased it on these forums with no warrenty and i tossed it in the trash :( i just need some cost efficient replacements for now. Currently laid off and low on cash