PDA

View Full Version : components to keep up with 1500 watts in the trunk?

dabossofbosses
04-23-2009, 04:48 PM
hi.. been out the game for a few years and it's calling me..

im debating on the sub as of right now but the critical mass ul12 is most likely what im gonna go with if i can find one used.. either way ima run 1500 to 2000 watts to that just cause im nuts..

my question is whats a good set of components to go with so i can hear the vocals as well and since im here a good amp for the set as well..

far as budget id say for both the amp and components 1000 or so give or take.

thanks in advance any input is apperciated..

Xprime4
04-23-2009, 05:59 PM
keep up in a proper comps/sub ratio? pretty impossible except if you use horn and BIG midbass.

For comps looks for high sensivity and power handling. It's pretty indicative of how low they'll get.

headless
04-23-2009, 06:15 PM
Power line cs on an amp that can push 300-350w RMS

They have no problem keeping up with 1000w on 2 rainbow vanadiums (sealed 12's)

Just look at one of the PL CS woofers next to a rainbow germanium woofer...and the germs got plenty loud on 200w/side. Just not loud like the PL CS.
http://headless.shackspace.com/GermPowerlineCS2.jpg

dabossofbosses
04-23-2009, 06:16 PM
i don't mean totally keep up.. i just mean i want to hear the music as well as they bass..

and i have not bought any car audio in about 3 years now..

thanks

anyone else?

dabossofbosses
04-23-2009, 06:17 PM
thanks alot headless ill look in to those..

dabossofbosses
04-23-2009, 06:54 PM
btw they will be going in a 2005 300

i also do not want to have to have fiberglass work done id like them to fit in the stock holes in the doors..i do not have a 2nd car to use while they have the car forever doing fiberglass work and what not..

thanks

Brian_smith06
04-23-2009, 07:01 PM
i vote for some id xs comps :) they get pretty loud and have no issue keeping up with my idmax. these comps with nice amp will fit your budget easily and should be able to get some nice wire to go with it

tez4life
04-23-2009, 08:00 PM
i vote for some id xs comps :) they get pretty loud and have no issue keeping up with my idmax. these comps with nice amp will fit your budget easily and should be able to get some nice wire to go with it

x2, very nice comps that can take power but are quite efficient as well. Would be a good choice, and prob be about half the cost of those Rainbows.