PDA

View Full Version : What should I do??

Juicemane
04-23-2009, 03:23 PM
The following system is in a scion Tc.

Alpine 9887 Headunit(just got it a week ago)
Clarion 7 band external eq(Can't remember the model# and I had this before the Headunit Upgrade)
Boston Pro60se's up front ran on the passives
1 12" memphis Mojo
All powered by a memphis big belle (16-MCH1300d)

Now the dilema...I had bought my girlfriend a 1996 maxima that had a small system and never thought anything of it because she didn't ever really listen to the radio. Well before we traded in the Car I was going to pull the Amps and sub, when I found out that she had focal Utopia 180w's yes the ones with the 7" mid. One of the crossovers was bad so I don't have the passives.

So the question is should I keep the pro's and run them or should I put the focal's in and run them activley since I currently have two unused amp channels??? I just got the Pro's less than 2 months ago so I would just give them to my girl Or sell them.

Thanks.

James Bang
04-23-2009, 03:35 PM
The following system is in a scion Tc.

Alpine 9887 Headunit(just got it a week ago)
Clarion 7 band external eq(Can't remember the model# and I had this before the Headunit Upgrade)
Boston Pro60se's up front ran on the passives
1 12" memphis Mojo
All powered by a memphis big belle (16-MCH1300d)

Now the dilema...I had bought my girlfriend a 1996 maxima that had a small system and never thought anything of it because she didn't ever really listen to the radio. Well before we traded in the Car I was going to pull the Amps and sub, when I found out that she had focal Utopia 180w's yes the ones with the 7" mid. One of the crossovers was bad so I don't have the passives.

So the question is should I keep the pro's and run them or should I put the focal's in and run them activley since I currently have two unused amp channels??? I just got the Pro's less than 2 months ago so I would just give them to my girl Or sell them.

Thanks.
yes,

sue bee
04-23-2009, 03:38 PM
what kind of person drives a '96 maxima and leaves that sort of system behind when selling it? in a recession no less.

Juicemane
04-23-2009, 04:16 PM
what kind of person drives a '96 maxima and leaves that sort of system behind when selling it? in a recession no less.

It was his second car and when I bought it he made no mention of the speakers. I bought the maxima for her to save gas because she also has an expediton. When I sold it, it had no speakers or audio system what so ever but the car was in great shape and I made 800 on it.

Juicemane
04-24-2009, 09:34 AM
or do you think I should keep the pro's passive in the front and build some pods for the 7w2's and just use them for midbass?

Juicemane
04-26-2009, 03:41 AM
yes,

Do you think the Memphis belle running the utopia's active will be enough power?