PDA

View Full Version : billjones42 = Bad Seller

NE14MX
04-23-2009, 11:52 AM
I sent payment to the person using this name for an amp. He told me the amp would ship on 4/2/09 or 4/3/09 but later said it shipped on 4/7/09. It still isn't here. He has refused to return PM's. He has refused to provide a tracking number. I've tried to be patient and wait but now have to assume that the guy is a scammer.

The person and address I sent the payment to was:

Eric Tewald
2702 W 4th St.
Duluth MN 55806

I suggest avoiding business with this person. I've never reported anyone before but the no show of the amp and his refusal to contact me leave me no choice.

ILLCRACKALUV
04-23-2009, 11:55 AM
link to original thread?

mihklo
04-23-2009, 11:57 AM
did you searth for feedback before you bought? how did you pay him?

NE14MX
04-23-2009, 12:22 PM
did you searth for feedback before you bought? how did you pay him?

I paid with a check. He had a ref in his sig. Seemed legit to me.

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=389696

CobraStang98
04-24-2009, 06:26 PM
First of all he only had a single ref and it was only in his sig. Realistically that guy could have just put sum random members name in there as a reference.

Its almost impossible to trust ppl around here these days especially a member w/ only one ref and very few posts.

G/L with this whole situation, but its looking like u got scammed though. Remember to contact his local authorities about the situation if it doesnt get resolved.

Tom Gralewski
04-24-2009, 06:55 PM
Hrmm hes local to me. Pm me if you need any info here for the authorities or anything

NE14MX
04-26-2009, 03:36 AM
i've been on here a while and bought and sold many things bu tyou are right, i was too gullible. I guess i got too secure because I had many transactions go well . Still doesn't give him the right to steal people's money. You're right though, it was a scam I'm sure of it at this point. I didn't lose a ton, just wanted anyone else to be sure and avoid this guy in the future. I'll be in touch with the authorities soon.

First of all he only had a single ref and it was only in his sig. Realistically that guy could have just put sum random members name in there as a reference.

Its almost impossible to trust ppl around here these days especially a member w/ only one ref and very few posts.

G/L with this whole situation, but its looking like u got scammed though. Remember to contact his local authorities about the situation if it doesnt get resolved.

CobraStang98
04-26-2009, 05:03 AM
Have u called his local police yet?? Don't be like many of the ppl who get scammed on here and just take the loss. If u call his local authorities and show then PMs and the thread in which u found the item then will help u out. Might take sum time but its better than losing out on the money.

If ppl here don't start doing something about all the scammers then its just gonna keep happening. If they start getting in trouble and possibly being arrested then scammers will think twice about it.

NE14MX
04-26-2009, 01:32 PM
I'm calling them tomorrow. Another member was kind enough to round up the numbers to the local authorities so i will give them a call tomorrow. I'll update everybody later in the week on here.

Have u called his local police yet?? Don't be like many of the ppl who get scammed on here and just take the loss. If u call his local authorities and show then PMs and the thread in which u found the item then will help u out. Might take sum time but its better than losing out on the money.

If ppl here don't start doing something about all the scammers then its just gonna keep happening. If they start getting in trouble and possibly being arrested then scammers will think twice about it.

Repent
01-08-2010, 04:11 AM
What happened with this? I'm thinking of selling him an amp and subs but I'm having second thoughts now.

Repent
01-08-2010, 04:16 AM
What happened with this? I'm thinking of selling him an amp and subs but I'm having second thoughts now.

billjones42
01-08-2010, 05:24 PM
that douche should have deleted this thread. He got his money back.