PDA

View Full Version : help please...no sound but subs

kickerloud
04-23-2009, 10:46 AM
alright..i have a pioneer head unit and pioneer speakes..the ts-gs and i was planin on replacing them with sume others..but the thing is when i play my music for just alittle the sound, vocals will just cut off and the only thing playing are my subs...theres nothing coming from the speakers...Ill wait a second...turn the hu off then on and it will work again...sometimes for only the same amount of time..Whats goin on? ive been playing thses speakers pretty loud for a while and is it they just are worn out..is it the hu? help please.

lol mnow it does it at even a lower volume

cj407
04-23-2009, 10:47 AM
u only need one thread multiple threads wont help. ask someone who is close distance to you to personally come help or take it to a shop.....hard to fix something when we cant see/hear whats goin on.

I Like Waffle
04-23-2009, 11:09 AM
Sounds like you have a serious voltage issue and its shutting your HU down. I had that happen to me when my alt went out one time, it shut off at 11 volts, which is fairly easy to achieve when running a big amp off a stock electrical. Get a multimeter and check your voltage at your battery when playing everything full tilt. You can get one from walmart for 15-20 bucks, and its a good investment. When you learn how to use one theres so much **** to use it for, you wont regret it.

kickerloud
04-23-2009, 10:38 PM
ok i turned the bass knob all the way down...a lttle bass herd lol but nothin really and i listened to music for a while pretty loud and it did it again and shut off...Now what do you think? hu going into protect mode due to speaker?

fuster
04-27-2009, 03:31 AM
Not enough information about your system. How many amplifiers are driving your satellites and your subs? Or is the amplification coming out of the HU?

There are many possibilities for that problem. But we would need to know if no sound signal is going to the speakers. For that you will need to pull the leads off one of the speakers and test them for voltage output. I would also put a volt ohmmeter on one of the speakers and see if the resistance is more than 4 ohms. If it is, check the rest of the speakers for the same thing. If the resistance is greater than 4 ohms you may have a problem with the speakers that test positive for high resistance. If resistance is substantially lower than 4 ohms, that would also be a problem.