PDA

View Full Version : need some good tweeters

sledge223
04-21-2009, 12:22 AM
im shoppin round for some tweeters and tryin to get ideas of what kind of brand 2 look for. im thinkin alpine but people keep tellin me pioneers and these people never heard of any alpine to even judge. any ideas?

SicAudio
04-21-2009, 06:31 PM
alpine and pioneer both **** IMHO get some quarts, kicker higher end models or even some bostons.

sledge223
04-22-2009, 12:35 AM
what bout titanium alpine tweeters?

mlstrass
04-22-2009, 12:41 AM
alpine and pioneer both **** IMHO get some quarts, kicker higher end models or even some bostons.

Alpine SPX17 Pro's are some of the best I've owned/heard. Quarts I've heard were horrible and the Boston 60's in the GF's car are nothing special.

What mids are you pairing them with, active or passive, metal or soft dome preference?

You can't get the Alpines anymore unless you by the entire comp set. Seas Neo's do quite well for the $$$. Got a buddy with a set of Rainbow Cal25's that he's not using, so PM me if interested in them. They sound very good and get quite loud.

sledge223
04-22-2009, 12:53 AM
i have the ALPINE SPX-13REF. i havent put them in yet. they come wit tweeters but people tell u different things to get u mixed up bout stuff. i know bout da subwoofer game but not this.

Savag3
04-22-2009, 12:55 AM
mb quarts , or spend some money and buy some rainbow or high end CDT maybe Focal

mlstrass
04-22-2009, 12:58 AM
Then get them installed and see if YOU like them and go from there. No one can tell you what sounds good to you...

moneybags
04-22-2009, 12:20 PM
Alpine SPX17 Pro's are some of the best I've owned/heard. Quarts I've heard were horrible and the Boston 60's in the GF's car are nothing special.

What mids are you pairing them with, active or passive, metal or soft dome preference?

You can't get the Alpines anymore unless you by the entire comp set. Seas Neo's do quite well for the $$$. Got a buddy with a set of Rainbow Cal25's that he's not using, so PM me if interested in them. They sound very good and get quite loud.

There rainbow cal26's silk