PDA

View Full Version : comp box for my hdc3 12...i have some questions please help

michaellane
04-20-2009, 11:52 PM
well the other day i got a 138.7 at my first comp. i had the seat folded down and the sub and port both face the rear of the trunk. its 2.5 cubes tuned to 37...i was wondering well i drive a 2002 honda accord 4door

i was thinking what if i tuned the box to 40hertz or higher and had the port facing the inside of the trunk with the port in the middle of the box so when i fold the seats down i want the port to be firing into the car. would this help me get better numbers?

i mean ive read these subs like a high tune but people say 40 is too high but this box would not be used except for a comp.

also what songs do you guys use?? i played i put on by young jeezy...oh and where can i get a burp cd for comps?

michaellane
04-20-2009, 11:58 PM
someone attleast read this please

michaellane
04-21-2009, 12:09 AM
up

icweiner
04-21-2009, 12:43 AM
download some tones so you can find your peak.

do 2-2.25 cubes tuned to 37 sub forward port to the drivers side, around a slot with 40" of port or more. give me some dimensions and i could design u a slot or aero box if u want....

mlstrass
04-21-2009, 11:55 AM
If it's a burp box I'd tune higher then 37, more like mid 40's. If you forward fire the sub/port you need to seal off the trunk, so no sound waves can get into the trunk.

michaellane
04-21-2009, 01:24 PM
If it's a burp box I'd tune higher then 37, more like mid 40's. If you forward fire the sub/port you need to seal off the trunk, so no sound waves can get into the trunk.

well the box would be pushed up against the back seats to block it off but it wouldnt be 100% sealed off since i will only be doing this during comps and not for daily driving...thats why i asked about a box with the port in the middle so if i oush the box back the port fires into the car

michaellane
04-21-2009, 07:10 PM
well i dont have the means to meter my system. i was just hoping i could find someone on here whos running the same set up and maybe runs a honda accord also...so then i could find a good tunning point...but even if i used the same tune im at now but fired the port into the car it would be louder right?

michaellane
04-21-2009, 07:13 PM
read this!!!!

SPLluminator
04-21-2009, 08:23 PM
well i dont have the means to meter my system. i was just hoping i could find someone on here whos running the same set up and maybe runs a honda accord also...so then i could find a good tunning point...but even if i used the same tune im at now but fired the port into the car it would be louder right?

If you seal it off completely, it should be louder. On the other hand, If you dont care how loud it is on the meter, dont tune it very high. It will seem louder to the ear at 40hz or so than really high. Just try a new box at 40hz. Whats your current setup?

DNick454
04-21-2009, 08:46 PM
well the other day i got a 138.7 at my first comp. i had the seat folded down and the sub and port both face the rear of the trunk. its 2.5 cubes tuned to 37...i was wondering well i drive a 2002 honda accord 4door

i was thinking what if i tuned the box to 40hertz or higher and had the port facing the inside of the trunk with the port in the middle of the box so when i fold the seats down i want the port to be firing into the car. would this help me get better numbers?

i mean ive read these subs like a high tune but people say 40 is too high but this box would not be used except for a comp.

also what songs do you guys use?? i played i put on by young jeezy...oh and where can i get a burp cd for comps?

Sorry to thread jack but I've got the same car. Anyways, as far as sub orientation goes, sub and port facing back with the box spaced out from the trunk the same length as the width of the port yielded good results with me, to the ear that is. I don't have access to a TL to verify this. Anyways, I folded down the rear seats and tried with subs and port facing forward. Even though it wasn't sealed off from the trunk like it should be, my box is max width and height for that part of the trunk, so it more or less was kinda sealed. It didn't sound nearly as loud, and the noise of the woofers moving was kind of annoying. I found it much louder with it facing the back of the trunk. Facing it into the car did help get rid of the trunk rattles associated with the port and subs pounding on the rear deck lid.

Edit: Almost forgot, I'm running two 10's in 3 cubes tuned to 34 Hz with 50 sq. in of port area. It gets hella loud in my opinion for the miniscule amount of power I'm feeding them.

michaellane
04-21-2009, 09:08 PM
If you seal it off completely, it should be louder. On the other hand, If you dont care how loud it is on the meter, dont tune it very high. It will seem louder to the ear at 40hz or so than really high. Just try a new box at 40hz. Whats your current setup?

i do care how loud it is on the meter. that is the only reason i want a new box. this new box will be taken out after comps are over. i am looking into a new box only to get higher numbers. the box will be big enough to temporarily seal off the trunk to the car cabin. i plan to just push the box up to the opening i have when the seats are folded down. and i want the port to be firing into the cabin. also id like it to be louder on music like young jeezy and burps...all info is needed please...i just did my first comp and i may now be addicted lol

icweiner
04-21-2009, 09:18 PM
im tellin u sub forward port to the drivers side, if u dont really seal it off it will **** *** big time if u try to fire it all forward

basshedz06
04-21-2009, 10:27 PM
rule of thumb is if you fire it forward you have to seal it off its like a wall sort of speak it pays off to do it trust me. i have never done myself but i have heard good things about it.
now my setup is one 15 an 2000 watts tuned to 43 peaking at 53 in a 2.5 cube box aero ports 4x10.
it done a 142 on music in sb2, thats not loud in usaci for that class considering i think the sb2 king is like at 160 i think, if not a little lower than that.
oh an don't download hertz tonez takes away quality get you a bass mekanic cd or something

michaellane
04-22-2009, 02:24 PM
why will it **** if its not 100% sealed off? what will happen? i mean it kinda sounds like common sense...i fold my seats down so it can flow into the cabin and i got 4db's higher so to me it sounds like hey block off the whole and fire the port into the cabin. i know its not 1005 sealed and not perm but i dont want it perm. i need my back seat on a daily so sealing it up temp is what i need. right now the sub and port are both on the same side firing in the same direction facing the back end of the car.

MTX520
04-22-2009, 02:34 PM
if you need some test tones hit me up..i have 20hz-99hz...
also you should try high bass notes meaning(not jeezy)most of his songs are 40hz and lower...im talking about lil jon - da blow, lil jon - nothings free, jump fresh klick - rockaway, gucci mane - thats my hood and etc..you want to play high bass notes to get the numbers you want in the TL...hope this helps on the songs your looking for..i have plenty of high bass songs..so if you need any hit me up