PDA

View Full Version : Behringer DCX2496 or Zapco DSP6

bose301s
04-19-2009, 08:27 PM
Looking to go active on my Germaniums this summer and also have a lot of processing to flatten out my response curve. They both have similar features, similar processing and crossover functions. The Behringer looks a little more powerful and is half the price, but I would need to power it and it doesn't look as user friendly as the Zapco. The Zapco looks very user friendly but has slightly fewer options and is expensive. Any advice is appreciated.

FoxPro5
04-19-2009, 08:54 PM
flatten out my response curve.

Which looks like?

Doesn't the Germanium have one of the most flexible passive xovers you can get in a comp set? What do you really expect to gain by running either of these units outside of an active HU plus that passive????

bose301s
04-19-2009, 08:57 PM
Which looks like?

Doesn't the Germanium have one of the most flexible passive xovers you can get in a comp set? What do you really expect to gain by running either of these units outside of an active HU plus that passive????

Well, I am looking for the EQ abilities more than the active crossover abilities. My current HU is a 7 band graphic EQ with EQ points that ****. I am going to be going down to Green Bay and using John Janowitz's RTA stuff to get a curve and adjust an EQ to fit my car.