PDA

View Full Version : Cleansweep and volume control

jaderbutt
04-19-2009, 05:53 PM
Thanks in advance for your advice! My question is, if i install a CL-441 from my factory HU into a clarion EQS746 them to my amps for two sets of components and my sub, will I be able to use my volume control from my factory HU or will I have to use the volume control from the CL-441? If I have to use the supplied volume control with the CL-441, can I use my factory HU volume control with the audiocontrol LC7.

04-19-2009, 06:46 PM
Thanks in advance for your advice! My question is, if i install a CL-441 from my factory HU into a clarion EQS746 them to my amps for two sets of components and my sub, will I be able to use my volume control from my factory HU or will I have to use the volume control from the CL-441? If I have to use the supplied volume control with the CL-441, can I use my factory HU volume control with the audiocontrol LC7.

thats how i got my system setup. Yes you can use the volume for your HU, but the Cleansweeps calibration will only work at the specific volume level you have your HU set to when you calibrate it.

like if you set the HU to volume #20 and then calibrate, the Cleansweeps EQ settings will only be effective at #20 on your HU, but of course the HU volume is fully functional as normal. It really depends on if your factory HU automatically lowers bass as you turn up the volume, some do and some dont.

just set your HU volume to a fairly low level, calibrate and that will be your loudest volume, your HU probably wont lower bass much untill it reaches halfway and beyond.

thats what i did with my system, i cant tell a difference between calibrated or not. you might also take a look at the MTX Re-Q

1hawaii50
04-20-2009, 02:57 PM
I was told to calibrate the Cleansweep with the Cleansweep volume knob set to maximum, then unplug the knob. It will lock the settings in, and then you can control the volume with your H/U. I was told this by a JL Audio tech.