PDA

View Full Version : Speaker Suggestions???

dvinedetail
04-17-2009, 09:46 PM
I THINK ive made up my mind to go with the Dyn Esotec 342 for my front stage. What coaxials would be good to pair with my front stage? Looking to run it off of the hu power, so not something that i will need to get another amp. I know everyone says no rearfill but thats just for when i have passengers. Thanks.

Or should i just leave the stock speakers hooked up in the rear?

MBrock4u
04-17-2009, 11:09 PM
There is nothing wrong with rear fill. Just don't spend too much money on them. I personally amp all speakers, making sure everything is properly adjusted so the front stage is the main focal point. I would not leave stock speakers in, they may distort. Polk db coax is a good choice and can be had for about 90 bucks. Pioneer revs are also good for rear fill.

DidUHearThat?
04-17-2009, 11:16 PM
CDT, MB Quart, Focal and JBL make some decent coaxials.

dvinedetail
04-18-2009, 06:09 AM
There is nothing wrong with rear fill. Just don't spend too much money on them. I personally amp all speakers, making sure everything is properly adjusted so the front stage is the main focal point. I would not leave stock speakers in, they may distort. Polk db coax is a good choice and can be had for about 90 bucks. Pioneer revs are also good for rear fill.

Thanks for the advice, guess ill have to get an extra amp for the rear fill. I was gonna go with the arc se amps but ive been looking at alpines pdx line. It says its stackable and that would save me alot of space in the trunk. Any opinions on those amps?

dvinedetail
04-18-2009, 06:59 AM
Scratch that idea about the alpine amps. Just gonna get the arc ks 125.2 mini for the rear fill. Dont need to spend extra on the SE.