PDA

View Full Version : Transmission Line

bustaplz
04-17-2009, 10:40 PM
I have a set of Logitech Z5500 speakers hooked up to my computer. I replaced the front L/R with some Sony two-way bookshelf speakers I had laying around and have used the amp's subwoofer output to test a few subwoofers. I have a RE SR10D4 and nothing to do with it so I decided I was going to build a box for it and use it as the subwoofer for my Z5500's. The amp is rated at 188WRMS@8ohms so I started trying to figure out what would be the most efficient box for it, I think I'd like to try building a transmission line enclosure for fun.

Some quick calculations give me a 12" diameter tube 9.775' long to tune it to the sub's Fs of 29.89. I'm not sure on how to mount the subwoofer. I was thinking of just building a box large enough to hold the driver and tube, how will this affect my measurements?

RidnClean
04-17-2009, 10:44 PM
a lil OT, but i enjoyed building my TLINE, i haven't gotten a chance to use it in my house yet. i need to find another massive 8 to use it in....

check this log out
http://www.caraudioclassifieds.org/forum/showthread.php?t=7834

brian84corvette
04-17-2009, 10:52 PM
maby cut some rings, maby like 3 or so. mount 2 to the sub,
mount 1 on the tube,
then mount them all together.

the first ring you make could actually be a 13" square, and you could build it some 4" tall feet
that would allow the sub to fire down at the ground, and stand on its feet,
and have the tube pointed up towards the celing.

bustaplz
04-17-2009, 11:27 PM
maby cut some rings, maby like 3 or so. mount 2 to the sub,
mount 1 on the tube,
then mount them all together.

the first ring you make could actually be a 13" square, and you could build it some 4" tall feet
that would allow the sub to fire down at the ground, and stand on its feet,
and have the tube pointed up towards the celing.

I like this idea! Think downfiring would be the best orientation?

bustaplz
04-17-2009, 11:29 PM
a lil OT, but i enjoyed building my TLINE, i haven't gotten a chance to use it in my house yet. i need to find another massive 8 to use it in....

check this log out
http://www.caraudioclassifieds.org/forum/showthread.php?t=7834

Did you at least get to hear it?