PDA

View Full Version : Capacitor Installation

210WhiteBoy
04-17-2009, 09:13 AM
I have a RF T30001 bd,My ? is,if i bought a 10 farad cap.would i need to buy another battery,I was told that i need a battery(Car size) and a 3 farad cap.But i've been thinking what if i just got a bigger farad cap, would that take out the other battery out of the picture?

KyleBechtold
04-17-2009, 09:15 AM
So they told you you need a front battery, back battery and a cap? for 3000 watts?

jdawg
04-17-2009, 09:16 AM
here we go

LoggedOut
04-17-2009, 09:17 AM
:popcorn:

ramos
I have a RF T30001 bd,My ? is,if i bought a 10 farad cap.would i need to buy another battery,I was told that i need a battery(Car size) and a 3 farad cap.But i've been thinking what if i just got a bigger farad cap, would that take out the other battery out of the picture?

I would go the extra battery route. It would provide more support to the electrical system. And probably cost the same, if not less than a large cap :)

x1le
you're moms a farad :fyi:

But seriously, just buy a better battery up front along with a batt for the back...

210WhiteBoy
04-17-2009, 10:58 AM
What subs would ya'll run for this amp?
and ya'll are aware that this amp i have is 33'' long, almost 13'' tall, and about 3'' thick and weight 40lbs, ive been by a few place's and both of them say no matter what i put in the back of my car "1993 5.0 Mustang GT (Hatchback)" the back window is gonna pop,This is bs,i hope not.I plan on doing car shows with my ride.Most of these cars you see are set for the drag strip,Been there done that.Not a huge fan on replaceing parts all the time,So i'm gonna try to set it up for audio show.My head unit is the new 09 Pioneer and the same on the little speakers 6x9's and 6's.

BeAlLsTaR13
04-17-2009, 11:02 AM
A capacitor is only good so far as the audio system isn't trying to pull too much from the electrical system. A cap doesn't provide more power, it's designed to 'stiffen' the voltage to the amp, nothing else. If the current isn't there, a cap won't help. The alternator must have at least 20% more amperage power than the entire vehicle and sound system combined for a cap to be of benefit which is ironically the same requirements for an amp to be efficient. A cap does it's best to keep the voltage at a certain level, but if the voltage changes so will the cap voltage. The cap just makes the change smoother. The diming light syndrome isn't a voltage issue but rather a current (amperage) drop. The voltage simply follows what the current does. A cap does not help this situation at all. A cap doesn't provide more power nor does it try to correct it.

go extra battery route, youd be getting the most for your money, cuz oodds are youd end up getting a battery anyway eventually...

210WhiteBoy
04-17-2009, 11:08 AM
A capacitor is only good so far as the audio system isn't trying to pull too much from the electrical system. A cap doesn't provide more power, it's designed to 'stiffen' the voltage to the amp, nothing else. If the current isn't there, a cap won't help. The alternator must have at least 20% more amperage power than the entire vehicle and sound system combined for a cap to be of benefit which is ironically the same requirements for an amp to be efficient. A cap does it's best to keep the voltage at a certain level, but if the voltage changes so will the cap voltage. The cap just makes the change smoother. The diming light syndrome isn't a voltage issue but rather a current (amperage) drop. The voltage simply follows what the current does. A cap does not help this situation at all. A cap doesn't provide more power nor does it try to correct it.

go extra battery route, youd be getting the most for your money, cuz oodds are youd end up getting a battery anyway eventually...
Thanks for the info,So no matter what ive got to beef up the alternator?

denim
09-22-2009, 03:58 PM
Welcome to CA.