PDA

View Full Version : Can someone please hook me up with info

Problem
04-17-2009, 01:17 AM
so i own a 05 grand marquis,my girl went out an bought me a dual Xdvd700 7" flip out. im just curious if it will the flip out will fit,i havent installed it yet but i was looking at my dash and right were the radio is right above it is where the dash stick out a good 2 inches.im i ****ed or what? i dont have any expertise in this area (probly why im here lol) id appreciate any and all help/feed bacjk,thanks for your time

D

treadburner
04-17-2009, 01:19 AM
should fit but you might need a dash kit
they r 10 bucks or so at your local car audio dealer

TNTR70
04-17-2009, 01:25 AM
first post huh? i guess you don't know all the rules....anyone posting on here that mentions a girl, girlfriend , wife, sister, etc, etc must include pics of said females

treadburner
04-17-2009, 01:30 AM
also must be **** pics of sister, mom, cousin etc.

SRim23
04-17-2009, 01:36 AM
also must be **** pics of sister, mom, cousin etc.

160 posts and this forum already made you a worthless deviant.... the powers of ca.com haha

memphisguy87
04-17-2009, 01:42 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v624/bottled/FAIL.jpg

Problem
04-17-2009, 06:57 AM
thanks for the info treadburner...my girl is 7mo pregnant so the pics are out..lol..yall coulda helped answer the question tho..either way madd cool i appreciate it,thanks for the quick response

Problem
04-17-2009, 07:03 AM
thanks for the info treadburner...my girl is 7mo pregnant so the pics are out..lol..yall coulda helped answer the question tho..either way madd cool i appreciate it,thanks for the quick response

ramos
04-17-2009, 08:22 AM
so i own a 05 grand marquis,my girl went out an bought me a dual Xdvd700 7" flip out. im just curious if it will the flip out will fit,i havent installed it yet but i was looking at my dash and right were the radio is right above it is where the dash stick out a good 2 inches.im i ****ed or what? i dont have any expertise in this area (probly why im here lol) id appreciate any and all help/feed bacjk,thanks for your time

D

That may be a problem. I ran into something similar with an alpine flip out a while back. Had a ford taurus that had a lip over the head unit area. Options were to have the face of the head unit stick out even with the edge of the lip, or the screen had to be tilted forward so far you couldn't see it. Looked out of place hanging out of the dash so I ended up rebulding the dash area. :)

x1le
04-17-2009, 08:25 AM
That may be a problem. I ran into something similar with an alpine flip out a while back. Had a ford taurus that had a lip over the head unit area. Options were to have the face of the head unit stick out even with the edge of the lip, or the screen had to be tilted forward so far you couldn't see it. Looked out of place hanging out of the dash so I ended up rebulding the dash area. :)

I had a customer come in the other day with the same problem but had "fixed" it himself. Customer took an airsaw to the dash :laugh: There was about a 4"x5" square missing out of his dash so the unit could flip up. Looked like garbo...

maddskillzz
04-17-2009, 08:27 AM
^^This

ramos
04-17-2009, 08:32 AM
I had a customer come in the other day with the same problem but had "fixed" it himself. Customer took an airsaw to the dash :laugh: There was about a 4"x5" square missing out of his dash so the unit could flip up. Looked like garbo...

lol, This guy had his laying in the passenger seat with 8 miles of wire running out of the dash to it :)

dennit469
04-17-2009, 08:45 AM
just get a dash kit, there about 15 dollars, dont get a cheap thin one peice of **** from walmart

ramos
04-17-2009, 08:52 AM
^^Problem with that is that most dash kits don't stick out. He won't have a problem getting the head unit in the car. The problem will arise ( as he said) when trying to open the screen as it will probably hit the dash. :)