PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice on port placement: Trunk car

528hz
04-14-2009, 05:20 PM
I think I'm going to build a ported box for 3 of my 12s" this weekend for the hell of it. I'm going to use two 4" aeros.

The subs will be firing up and I'm wondering if I should put the ports on the back of the box or on the side...(passenger or driver)

Any suggestions?

icweiner
04-14-2009, 05:22 PM
2 4" aeros isnt really enough :crap: there is no "best" usually. its very car dependent, id try sub up port to the passenger for the loudest to the ear if the box isnt to wide.

528hz
04-14-2009, 05:23 PM
2 4" aeros isnt really enough :crap: there is no "best" usually. its very car dependent :/

According to PsP's site, I only need 2 4" aeros cut to 11.56 in. for 29 hz tuning in a 6 cu. box...

Yeah, I know cars are the variable, but I'm just checking around.

peas247
04-14-2009, 05:25 PM
i had sub up port to passenger side with my last set up. it was pretty loud

528hz
04-14-2009, 05:26 PM
Hmm...

I was also thinking that since I have a "ski port" through my back seat, that maybe I could have the ports facing towards the inside of the car...

IDSkoT
04-14-2009, 05:28 PM
I think I'm going to build a ported box for 3 of my 12s" this weekend for the hell of it. I'm going to use two 4" aeros.

The subs will be firing up and I'm wondering if I should put the ports on the back of the box or on the side...(passenger or driver)

Any suggestions?

I personally am going to try subs forward (into cab, with trunk sealed off from cab) and then aero through the rear deck.

99grandprixGT
04-14-2009, 05:28 PM
i just did sub up, port back. so far i like it. just im guessing im loosing allot of SPL due to it rattling the **** out of the rear deck, and the roof haha. im going to try sub up port side next box.

peas247
04-14-2009, 05:30 PM
I personally am going to try subs forward (into cab, with trunk sealed off from cab) and then aero through the rear deck.

i was gonna try that, but i went subs forward port drivers side forward sealed off from the trunk and its loud

528hz
04-14-2009, 05:39 PM

I was actually thinking about that as well, but I don't have the width and height in my trunk to put the subs towards the back.

icweiner
04-14-2009, 05:45 PM
According to PsP's site, I only need 2 4" aeros cut to 11.56 in. for 29 hz tuning in a 6 cu. box...

Yeah, I know cars are the variable, but I'm just checking around.
i mean that really isnt enough port for a 6 cube box and 3 12's....

works pretty well ;) http://s90.photobucket.com/albums/k240/icweinerpb/?action=view&current=DSCN0846.flv

and that wasnt even sealed off at all. it got alot louder on the lows once it was sealed and we added 2 batts in the back :)

IDSkoT
04-14-2009, 05:46 PM
i was gonna try that, but i went subs forward port drivers side forward sealed off from the trunk and its loud

I suppose so. But you would just be getting the efficiency gain, rather than efficiency & port gain.

I was actually thinking about that as well, but I don't have the width and height in my trunk to put the subs towards the back.

What car is it? And what subs?