PDA

View Full Version : Alpine CDA-9886 users that use the usb input

dtbrown
04-14-2009, 04:45 AM
Ok, I'm torn between the cda-9886 and 9887. I want the control from the 9887 but the usb input on the 9886 is really appealing. So question is for anyone who has used the usb input for music source. How is the controls on the radio for accessing files? Does it show the name of the file is it easy to toggle through songs? If I make folders on a flash drive does it show up with names and such? How well does the USB input feature work on the deck as a main source for music?
Thanks,

93dakota
04-14-2009, 05:05 AM
I just put in a new CDA-9886 yesterday in my truck, I have not used the usb on mine yet but i did mess around with a buddy of mines before i got mine. it did show file names and searching seemed very smooth. only thing that i thought was strange(not a big deal) was that you can only have 99 songs in a folder but he has close to ten folders on that flash drive so it doesn't really limit you. Overall it was one of the big selling points for me.

dtbrown
04-14-2009, 05:25 AM
I just put in a new CDA-9886 yesterday in my truck, I have not used the usb on mine yet but i did mess around with a buddy of mines before i got mine. it did show file names and searching seemed very smooth. only thing that i thought was strange(not a big deal) was that you can only have 99 songs in a folder but he has close to ten folders on that flash drive so it doesn't really limit you. Overall it was one of the big selling points for me.

That's what I was looking for. One last question how long was it to access the file and start playing? Fairly quick I would assume? I can later upgrade to the better sound control still but that usb is pretty tempting as I don't us Ipod. I think you may have sold me on it. What would be even cooler is if it had video out and could play video files. :)