PDA

View Full Version : How do i calculate the box volume for an odd shaped box?

AlpineR18
09-13-2003, 04:52 PM
anyone know how i can calculate the box volume of a odd shaped ported box?I really need to know i wanna start building my box on monday.Anyone please post some helpful info?

AlpineR18
09-13-2003, 05:22 PM
Well how bout this i wanna run 2 alpine type r 12's swr-1241d.

The height i want to be 14 on the outside,length 37 on the outside,and now depth i want the base to be 16 inches deep and the top to be 10 inches deep,this will be a vented box or ported i think it's the same thing.the thing is i dotn wanna make a slope or an angle i will make 2 rings for the subs and have them kinda lay but also stick up and out then i will cover it with cotton fleece and use some resin to harden it then use some fiber glass and so forth so basically i want a front fiberglass face where the subs will be mounted.Can someone help me calculate this?or tell me how?

defiance
09-13-2003, 05:23 PM
if it's odd-shaped, but still contains solid corners and measurements, just sectionalize it and use geometry... If it's got wierd curvey stuff, that sort of thing, use packing peanuts and a "known" volume cardboard box. (I.e., a cardboard box that is .5 ft^3, fill your box with peanuts, then empty it into the cardboard box, counting how many times you fill it.)

AlpineR18
09-13-2003, 06:38 PM
it will have an odd shape,i might sectionalize but but i dont know how accurate it will be.Is there any otehr ways of doing it besides the peanut method?