PDA

View Full Version : am I required to get this Pioneer CD-IU230V iPod control adapter for my 900BT HU?

JarvisB
04-13-2009, 02:07 AM
From what it seems, the cable is just like the ipod cable that comes with ipods(male usb on one end and the male proprietary on other end)..

so will I be able to use my white ipod cable on my 900BT headunit rather than buying this "adapter" to play my ipods on my HU?

farmerehsan
04-13-2009, 11:03 AM
depends on what kind of ipod.. if video..then no u need something that i haevf which is like a usb and video cable.. one end you have a plug that goes into the ipod and one that goes into a usb. on the other end its inside the radio and then red yellow and white for video and sound. if u have a regualr ipod then and just wanna play music then just use it as a usb which u would not need anyting

jco1385
04-13-2009, 11:05 AM
i need a ipod usb link cable for my PC :(

got an extra?

iamamp3pimp
04-13-2009, 11:09 AM
From what it seems, the cable is just like the ipod cable that comes with ipods(male usb on one end and the male proprietary on other end)..

so will I be able to use my white ipod cable on my 900BT headunit rather than buying this "adapter" to play my ipods on my HU?

id try it and see, its almost for sure to save you a few bucks.

for the record though, the cable that came with my wifes alpine radio was the same thing.....and it did not work when we tried to use i to connect the ipod to the computer.

farmerehsan
04-13-2009, 11:12 AM

got an extra?
i has one pm me

id try it and see, its almost for sure to save you a few bucks.

for the record though, the cable that came with my wifes alpine radio was the same thing.....and it did not work when we tried to use i to connect the ipod to the computer.

it will work as usb. meaning he can listen to music..and control it as folder thru the HU. it will not pop up as ipod tho...its much easier to use it as ipod.. because if he ueses it as usb..its mass storage and ipod sorts its **** in weird folders

iamamp3pimp
04-13-2009, 11:23 AM
i has one pm me

it will work as usb. meaning he can listen to music..and control it as folder thru the HU. it will not pop up as ipod tho...its much easier to use it as ipod.. because if he ueses it as usb..its mass storage and ipod sorts its **** in weird folders

hell yes it does, doesnt make any sense.

nineball
04-13-2009, 12:59 PM

got an extra?

you can get them for under $5 shipped on ebay

farmerehsan
04-13-2009, 01:22 PM
he knos that...he found one for 1.99 shipped

JarvisB
04-13-2009, 02:21 PM
i has one pm me

I am not going to use the music videos so I dont need any video cable..

i guess i better be getting this adapter since i would like to use the ipod feature on the headunit rather than control it thru folders n whatever.

farmerehsan
04-13-2009, 02:27 PM
well if u get the cable it comes with the video one already... here look:
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31EcRxIJMnL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

part # : CD-IU230V

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pioneer-CD-IU230V-iPod-USB-CABLE-FOR-AVIC-F700BT-F900BT_W0QQitemZ330321829776QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCar _Electronics_Parts_Accessories?hash=item3303218297 76&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1234%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C 240%3A1318%7C301%3A0%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

JarvisB
04-13-2009, 03:15 PM
yeah i know.. so you are saying that with this cable, I will be able to use the ipod interface on the headunit..

and if i use the white cable that comes with ipods, it will not work with the ipod interface on the HU and I will be able to play music only by going thru folders on my HU..

Am I being clear here? and I am correct?

If so then I guess I will be buying one of those adapters then because I want to use the ipod interface on my hu

farmerehsan
04-13-2009, 04:24 PM
yeah i know.. so you are saying that with this cable, I will be able to use the ipod interface on the headunit..

and if i use the white cable that comes with ipods, it will not work with the ipod interface on the HU and I will be able to play music only by going thru folders on my HU..

Am I being clear here? and I am correct?

If so then I guess I will be buying one of those adapters then because I want to use the ipod interface on my hu

just trust me on this one..u want that cable.. when i was selling u mine mine came with it.... but u can control it with both..but it wont be as easy

JarvisB
04-13-2009, 08:20 PM
ok, thanks