PDA

View Full Version : JoeSmith502 "bad seller!!!!"

mike lawry
04-12-2009, 08:02 PM
I bought 2 re xxx's 12inch subs from him.He claimed both were mint.When i recieved them one appears to be mint"im going to check with dmm" and the other had a broken tinsel wire.he claims it happened during shipping and for me to just solder it or contact ups. Well I cant deal with ups only seller can and ive been told not to solder it.Everyone says no way in hell that happened during shipping.:verymad:

dbeez
04-12-2009, 08:06 PM
He's in louisville correct....

mike lawry
04-12-2009, 08:29 PM
He's in louisville correct....

yes he is

dbeez
04-12-2009, 08:33 PM
Do you have his address...He needs to make things right....I hate scammers....And liars...

tc3k101
04-12-2009, 08:34 PM
Joe Smith (502) 968-8793 8001 Red Cedar Way,Louisville, KY 40219

Joe Smith (502) 749-8677 410 Mockingbird Valley R,Louisville, KY 40207

Joe D Smith (502) 491-9311 7416 Six Mile Ln,Louisville, KY 40220

Joe D Smith (502) 964-6576 3804 Carpenter Dr,Louisville, KY 40229

just a coupe i found in louisville

bonesninja
04-12-2009, 08:48 PM
Do you have his address...He needs to make things right....I hate scammers....And liars...

what are you gonna do? Pay him a visit?

dbeez
04-12-2009, 09:29 PM
what are you gonna do? Pay him a visit?

You never know I do have friends also local in louisville People need to start standing together against this ****..:eek:

mike lawry
04-12-2009, 11:22 PM
You never know I do have friends also local in louisville People need to start standing together against this ****..:eek:

Your right we do need to stick together. I dont understand why he would screw up his good feedback and name. I got 1 faulty sub some other guy didnt even recieve his.

vitveet
04-12-2009, 11:44 PM
Give him a little time. He's a pretty good guy. I've had about 4-5 good transactions with him. One or two it was kind of slow in responding but always came through. I just don't think he'd mess up his good feedback over a tinsel lead (like you said)!!!
Shoot him an email if you haven't already as I believe he's on that more than here.
Good luck!

V.

mike lawry
04-12-2009, 11:55 PM
Give him a little time. He's a pretty good guy. I've had about 4-5 good transactions with him. One or two it was kind of slow in responding but always came through. I just don't think he'd mess up his good feedback over a tinsel lead (like you said)!!!
Shoot him an email if you haven't already as I believe he's on that more than here.
Good luck!

V.

Weve gone back and forth through pm's. all of them are pretty much the same thing.him wanting me to go through ups or to solder it. He sticks to his story of him sending it intact. He also according to another person didnt send his xxx sub having to file a claim.I told him I wanted a refund or to trade for the other xxx he had but, he said he sold it already.

teen
04-13-2009, 12:01 AM
soldering it would take all of like 5 mins.

i understand it should be in working order when it gets to you, but if i was in your shoes, id take out the soldering iron and just get it working already.

Fiercetimbo17
04-13-2009, 12:03 AM

i understand it should be in working order when it gets to you, but if i was in your shoes, id take out the soldering iron and just get it working already.

Then he deserves somewhat of a refund, he did not buy pay for subs with broken tinsel's

mike lawry
04-13-2009, 12:06 AM

many people on here said soldering it would just make it break again. I did a search on it and found that the best way to do it would be to take off cone and put a new tinsel wire in it. I have never done anything like that. Point is I paid for 2 mint subs and I got 1.Its not up to me to file a claim with ups its the sellers.At this point I just want my money back.

mike lawry
04-13-2009, 12:09 AM
many people on here said soldering it would just make it break again. I did a search on it and found that the best way to do it would be to take off cone and put a new tinsel wire in it. I have never done anything like that. Point is I paid for 2 mint subs and I got 1.Its not up to me to file a claim with ups its the sellers.At this point I just want my money back.

I even went around town to local repair shops and spent 3 hours outta my day tryn to find some1 to fix it the right way. Problem is no one wanted to mess with it.I was going out of my way to find a fix.

JoeSmith502
04-13-2009, 12:09 AM
Look here, I have had over 50 transactions on this site and everyone has been happy but this guy. Both subs I sold him were in mint condition when they left this house. Think about it, why would I send him one good sub and one that had a tinsel break in it? It doesn't make any sense especially when I had three total to sell. I always check all of my equipment to make sure it is in working order before it leaves my hands.

I sold a guy a Kicker ZX1500 and another guy a US Amps MD41 on the same exact day. Where they broken? No.. I have messages of them thanking me for such a good deal and how pleased they were with how they looked. I told the guy to contact UPS about the insurance to get it fixed and also suggested soldering the lead back together. What I think happened is you damaged the sub when you were tryig to install it or whatever and now want to act like it was my fault. Sorry guy, it doesn't work that way. That sub was 100% when it left my house just like the other one you bought so I am in no way responsible.

And one last thing.. I'm no scammer, cheater, liar or anything else you want to call me on these boards. I'd love to see anyone of you talking about "oh wheres he live I'll show up at his house" come over here because I would stomp your skull into the concrete. If you want to test me I will gladly give you my address and you can try me.

Ok everybody, now that thats over I hope we can all be friends. Have a nice day! Joe

forbidden
04-13-2009, 12:12 AM
Soldering it would also negate absolutely any claim that could also be filed against the seller in a legal manner..... DO NOT SOLDER IT. The guy shipped you a turd. Explain to us all then, how a tinsel lead would snap like this? You recommended filing a shipping claim as well, did you not? Why should the buyer need to?

mike lawry
04-13-2009, 12:17 AM
Look here, I have had over 50 transactions on this site and everyone has been happy but this guy. Both subs I sold him were in mint condition when they left this house. Think about it, why would I send him one good sub and one that had a tinsel break in it? It doesn't make any sense especially when I had three total to sell. I always check all of my equipment to make sure it is in working order before it leaves my hands.

I sold a guy a Kicker ZX1500 and another guy a US Amps MD41 on the same exact day. Where they broken? No.. I have messages of them thanking me for such a good deal and how pleased they were with how they looked. I told the guy to contact UPS about the insurance to get it fixed and also suggested soldering the lead back together. What I think happened is you damaged the sub when you were tryig to install it or whatever and now want to act like it was my fault. Sorry guy, it doesn't work that way. That sub was 100% when it left my house just like the other one you bought so I am in no way responsible.

And one last thing.. I'm no scammer, cheater, liar or anything else you want to call me on these boards. I'd love to see anyone of you talking about "oh wheres he live I'll show up at his house" come over here because I would stomp your skull into the concrete. If you want to test me I will gladly give you my address and you can try me.

Ok everybody, now that thats over I hope we can all be friends. Have a nice day! Joe

Easy numbnuts I sent you those pics minutes after ups left my house.I dont even have a deck or wiring in any of my cars.What about "frkkevin" that claims he never recieved a sub? I dont care about your mother teresa acts before hand with other people all I care about is me recieving a sub that wasnt mint.How is it that the tinsel looks burned in the middle? Its not up to the buyer to file a claim its up to the seller!!! Im not just going to solder it and have it break again.

probmxstyle
04-13-2009, 12:22 AM
How well were they packaged? Any damage to the boxes? Pics of the broken tinsels?

mike lawry
04-13-2009, 12:25 AM
How well were they packaged? Any damage to the boxes? Pics of the broken tinsels?

I posted a pic of the broken tinsel in the general discussion forum.It was just one. He did a good job packaging them thats why I dont understand how if it lefts his hands allegedly mint it happened during shipping.

mike lawry
04-13-2009, 12:30 AM
I posted a pic of the broken tinsel in the general discussion forum.It was just one. He did a good job packaging them thats why I dont understand how if it lefts his hands allegedly mint it happened during shipping.

Also why does it look burnt in the middle of the tinsel were it snapped.It makes no sense. Dont take my word for it.give me a couple minutes Ill try and take a good pic of it.please standby

mike lawry
04-13-2009, 12:41 AM
its hard to see but, its the best i could do.

steveBeatz
04-13-2009, 01:12 AM
i'll let you know how my turns out when i get it.. Hes shipping tomorrow..

forbidden
04-13-2009, 01:23 AM
NO WAY at all for that to have happened in shipping. I would start researching as to why he had 3 of these subs in the first place.... lets he, perhaps he damaged one of his own and replaced it so he had two working ones still. Find old posts of his to see if he mentioned that he had a bad sub at all. A little digging can go a long ways. Two ways for a tinsel lead to come undone like that, abuse or abuse. You choose. I would really really really like to hear the sellers explanation of how this could possibly have happened in shipping. Waiting..... bueller, bueller....

steveBeatz
04-13-2009, 01:25 AM
he had 5, 4 dual 2s and 1 dual 4.. and had 4 in his car..

infamous_e46
04-13-2009, 01:56 AM
Just file a paypal claim and ship his pieces of **** back to him....

bball09124
04-13-2009, 02:12 AM
I find it VERY hard to believe that the OP got the subs from UPS, put them in his car immediately, played them real hard until one of them blew, and contacted the seller the same day.

And for the seller to blame it on shipping sounds really fishy to me. He should know that if he really thinks shipping caused the damage (which we all know it did not) that he has to file the claim and do all the paperwork.

slim2fattycake
04-13-2009, 02:48 AM
I find it VERY hard to believe that the OP got the subs from UPS, put them in his car immediately, played them real hard until one of them blew, and contacted the seller the same day.

And for the seller to blame it on shipping sounds really fishy to me. He should know that if he really thinks shipping caused the damage (which we all know it did not) that he has to file the claim and do all the paperwork.

I agree. I had a problem like this with the tensil lead when someone sent me a sub but the seller said he can pay to get fixed or he will refund money. And the shipping deal is up to the seller because the seller has the receipt and paid at UPS for the shipping.

mike lawry
04-13-2009, 11:46 AM
I agree. I had a problem like this with the tensil lead when someone sent me a sub but the seller said he can pay to get fixed or he will refund money. And the shipping deal is up to the seller because the seller has the receipt and paid at UPS for the shipping.

Im glad you seller took care of you atleast. Peoplve said multiple times its up to the seller to file the claim he just doesnt get it.

Enellz
04-13-2009, 11:54 AM
oh snipady spizaz snap. I think them be fighting words...
But to be real, I hope you get everything worked out. The feeling of opening a box with broken whatever, is a pain in the a**. However all the local cats Ive dealt with, and I have had transaction with has always turned out good.

frkkevin
04-13-2009, 11:58 AM
Good luck!

V.

He had two months with me to send a sub, never happened.

JoeSmith502
04-13-2009, 12:21 PM
Ok heres the deal. Here are some pics of the sub that I am sending to SteveBeatz today and how they were packaged. As you can see I take every precaution when shipping my products. As far as the broken tinsel on his sub, if I knew it was broken why wouldn't I just solder it myself?

And as far as FrkKvn or whatever his name is yes I did sell him a sub and I did not ship it to him. The reason for that, even though its no ones business is that I was shot and spent right at a month in the hospital. I was going to have my wife ship it to him but she does not know the difference between a D2 sub and a D4 and I didn't want to take a chance of having her send the wrong sub. Look at my posts on here and see that they stopped in September and just started back this month. He got his money back on the sub so that should be the end of that. I'm sorry FrkKvn!

Ok now if this guy wants his sub fixed I will send him $10 to cover the cost of a soldering gun and some solder. As I stated before, the sub worked perfectly and was in perfect condition when it left my house.

Pics of the sub I am sending to SteveBeatz today:

Top:
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk46/JoeSmith502/XXXTop.jpg

Motor:
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk46/JoeSmith502/Motor.jpg

Tinsel 1:
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk46/JoeSmith502/Leads1.jpg

Tinsel 2:
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk46/JoeSmith502/Leads2.jpg

Packaging 1:
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk46/JoeSmith502/Pac1.jpg

Packaging 2:
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk46/JoeSmith502/Pac2.jpg

Packaging 3:
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk46/JoeSmith502/Pac3.jpg

hornedfrog1985
04-13-2009, 12:27 PM
Getting shot is neat.

mike lawry
04-13-2009, 02:35 PM
He had two months with me to send a sub, never happened.

He was shot apparently. If this is the way he does buisness he deserved it.I dont want to solder it. Do a search on here it will just break again.I will get my money back its already in the works. I paid for a mint sub and for whatever reason didnt recieve that.

jshak07
04-13-2009, 06:38 PM
:popcorn:

Skip01
04-13-2009, 07:02 PM
How does the sub youre about to send out have anything to do with the sub he received?

Maybe you just thoughtttt all of them were mint, its an honest mistake....but own up too it

dbeez
04-13-2009, 07:03 PM
:popcorn:

Ahh you in for the show....

snoopdan
04-13-2009, 07:05 PM
Ahh you in for the show....

...me three. Plus i'm not driving over to joe's anymore dont wanna get :violent:

dbeez
04-13-2009, 07:08 PM
...me three. Plus i'm not driving over to joe's anymore dont wanna get :violent:

Hahahahhahaha to **** funny man

bassknocker23
04-13-2009, 07:09 PM
joesmith is cool wit me.

frkkevin
04-13-2009, 07:46 PM
And as far as FrkKvn or whatever his name is yes I did sell him a sub and I did not ship it to him. The reason for that, even though its no ones business is that I was shot and spent right at a month in the hospital. I was going to have my wife ship it to him but she does not know the difference between a D2 sub and a D4 and I didn't want to take a chance of having her send the wrong sub. Look at my posts on here and see that they stopped in September and just started back this month. He got his money back on the sub so that should be the end of that. I'm sorry FrkKvn!

I'm just curious, if you spent one night in the hospital.. I'm to assume the rest of the time you were at home? I only heard from you twice about shipping the sub and even called with no return call or answers to future calls. I just figure with all that spare time you used for healing why you could not take a moment to send a PM, email, or pick up a phone?

Btw, 1st a death and then a 2nd family emergency? You didn't perhaps shoot yourself? :veryhapp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by frkkevin
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeSmith502
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
so you still have a D2 XXX?
I apologize for the delay but I had a death in the family and have been out of town. I sure do. LMK if you want it. Thanks, Joe
How much shipped to 76114 for 1? Need to pair mine. Sorry to hear about your loss
Shipping will be right at $40 so $340 will get it. My PP is:

[email protected]

I can ship it out tomorrow for you if you can pay tonight. Thanks, Joe

Hey man, I haven't gotten your sub shipped out yet due to family emergency. I will get it in the mail no later than Wednesday. Again, I am sorry. Joe

frkkevin
04-13-2009, 07:50 PM
Btw, I'm over it now.. Just wish I did not have to go through 2 months and deal with a paypal claim to get either A. the item or B. my money...

I still wish I had that 2nd XXX 12" .. :(

team3d
04-13-2009, 08:01 PM
He should be shot again. I think he should grow a pair and call ups since it's "their fault"

BobbyDD
04-13-2009, 08:33 PM

I'm just curious, if you spent one night in the hospital.. I'm to assume the rest of the time you were at home? I only heard from you twice about shipping the sub and even called with no return call or answers to future calls. I just figure with all that spare time you used for healing why you could not take a moment to send a PM, email, or pick up a phone?

Btw, 1st a death and then a 2nd family emergency? You didn't perhaps shoot yourself? :veryhapp:

;)
Be very careful, I think he probably has mma gloves.

steveBeatz
04-13-2009, 08:36 PM
Joe seems to me liek a good guy, just had some problems in his life which we all come across one time or another. I doubt he would of sent that sub like that and if by some chance he did hes owning up to it and offering to buy him a soldering gun and solder jeez. And if the guy solders it right it wont come loose. Just my 2cents I think joe is a good guy just had came across some problems.

team3d
04-13-2009, 08:48 PM
Joe seems to me liek a good guy, just had some problems in his life which we all come across one time or another. I doubt he would of sent that sub like that and if by some chance he did hes owning up to it and offering to buy him a soldering gun and solder jeez. And if the guy solders it right it wont come loose. Just my 2cents I think joe is a good guy just had came across some problems.
The guy didn't pay for a sub, soldering gun, and solder. He also didn't pay to have to work on a sub. He paid for 2 mint subs he should have got 2 mint subs

steveBeatz
04-13-2009, 08:51 PM
I agree but **** happans ok? Its not like joe's not trying to help him.. Why would the guy want to ship sub back lose shipping cost cuz i doubt joe will refund shipping cost too, when instead he can take the 10bucks and solder it jeez do a good job and it wont come loose!

team3d
04-13-2009, 08:58 PM
You call what he is doing help? Help would be saying ok well since it's ups fault I will call them and file a claim. Not I will give you ten dollars and you worry about fixing it. But I don't see how ups could burn it and break it while boxed up nor do I see how he could have burnt it and broke it min's after ups left. Therefor the mint sub wasn't mint after all. Maybe your sub will be messed up when you get it and then you can see how this guy feels or better yet maybe yours will be fine and when you hook it up it won't play.

steveBeatz
04-13-2009, 09:00 PM
You act like the sub is blown, its a broke tensil lead bro, WOW if my shits were broken I'd solder them and go on my way its a 5minute job are you serious? but ok let the buyer ship back the sub at his expense. So basically lose 50bucks and the sub he wants. Because he dont want to take 5minutes to solder the tensil lead. I'm just giving my opinion no need to argue.

team3d
04-13-2009, 09:03 PM
I'm not arguing I'm simply saying that it's not his place to fix it. And it's not the sub he wants. The sub he wanted was supposed to be mint and working and it is neither.

steveBeatz
04-13-2009, 09:05 PM
The sub is MINT hes only complaining about the tensil leads. but I dont even know why im arguing with you. I'm done here..

team3d
04-13-2009, 09:07 PM
You should go ride some other scammers nutz while you are online.

CrispedUp
04-13-2009, 09:08 PM
ok kids, how about you let the buyer and seller work it out. thanks.

Johnny Law.Lulz
04-13-2009, 09:09 PM
You act like the sub is blown, its a broke tensil lead bro, WOW if my shits were broken I'd solder them and go on my way its a 5minute job are you serious? but ok let the buyer ship back the sub at his expense. So basically lose 50bucks and the sub he wants. Because he dont want to take 5minutes to solder the tensil lead. I'm just giving my opinion no need to argue.

I gotta agree, if you solder it right it wont come lose, i soldered both on an old POS Phoenix gold sub i have and let it beat for 6 hour straight. My tensil leads are still good and the sub still beats. I say the seller gives a partial refund and the buyer gets the **** fixed.

CrispedUp
You should go ride some other scammers nutz while you are online.

And he isnt really a scammer, if the buyer got the product. Please re-read the thread.

steveBeatz
ok kids, how about you let the buyer and seller work it out. thanks.

I agree thats why I dont even know why I was arguing just wanted to give my oopinion on the situation.

peas247
04-13-2009, 09:10 PM
pics of gun shot wound?

revrider1
04-13-2009, 09:14 PM
Interesting

CrispedUp
04-13-2009, 09:16 PM
Interesting

INdeed.

eC

team3d
04-13-2009, 09:17 PM
And he isnt really a scammer, if the buyer got the product. Please re-read the thread.
Might as well be. A 300 dollar sub that is screwed up and he offers 10 dollars. It's not like there is a hole in the surround and it still plays. It doesn't even work

Bender.
04-13-2009, 09:29 PM
He was shot apparently. If this is the way he does buisness he deserved it.I dont want to solder it. Do a search on here it will just break again.I will get my money back its already in the works. I paid for a mint sub and for whatever reason didnt recieve that.

I gotta agree, if you solder it right it wont come lose, i soldered both on an old POS Phoenix gold sub i have and let it beat for 6 hour straight. My tensil leads are still good and the sub still beats. I say the seller gives a partial refund and the buyer gets the **** fixed.

if you have any knowledge at all you should be able to solder it right...it will NOT come apart

Might as well be. A 300 dollar sub that is screwed up and he offers 10 dollars. It's not like there is a hole in the surround and it still plays. It doesn't even work

your right there isnt a hole in the sub. only a tinsel broke a 5 minute fix and it will last forever. as soon as he solders it, it will be like new and could be considered mint

KyleBechtold
04-13-2009, 09:41 PM
Ok the sub should not have been broken being a MINT condition sub.. But if thats the only problems then its not a huge deal.. Now then if the buyer doesn't know how to solder he should take it to a shop and get a quote and the seller should have to pay it.. OR pay return shipping plus refund all money sent including original shipping...

Simple as that.. The buyer didn't ask for a sub with a broken tinsel lead... Whether the seller sent it knowingly or not they are responsible for the product they offer until the buyer clears it..

Bender.
04-13-2009, 09:48 PM
Ok the sub should not have been broken being a MINT condition sub.. But if thats the only problems then its not a huge deal.. Now then if the buyer doesn't know how to solder he should take it to a shop and get a quote and the seller should have to pay it.. OR pay return shipping plus refund all money sent including original shipping...

Simple as that.. The buyer didn't ask for a sub with a broken tinsel lead... Whether the seller sent it knowingly or not they are responsible for the product they offer until the buyer clears it..

if the buyer is so stubborn he wants to send it back he should have to pay shipping....it is a very SIMPLE repair

steveBeatz
04-13-2009, 09:49 PM
if the buyer is so stubborn he wants to send it back he should have to pay shipping....it is a very SIMPLE repair

x2

KyleBechtold
04-13-2009, 09:51 PM

like I said if he doesn't know how to repair it he can take it to a shop and if seller doesn't want to pay for it he can pay all costs to return plus full refund

mike lawry
04-13-2009, 10:07 PM
Regardless of how simple it is to fix or if it only takes 5 minutes to fix I didnt pay for that.I payed for a sub that was mint in everyway shape and form. In all honesty i have never soldered something before.I did a search on this very forum and read that the "ghetto way" would be just to solder it right were it snapped. And that it might happen again.The right way would be to take the cone off and put in a new tinsel wire.I infact took it to 3 diffrent shops and no one wanted to mess with it. I just want people to know that I payed for a mint sub and didnt recieve that.

steveBeatz
04-13-2009, 10:10 PM
Yes we know that man WE KNOW but were trying to tell you its a EASY FIX!!!!!. But if you must have a refund than maybe he wil give you one but you're going to be out the money its going to cost to ship it back to him.

mike lawry
04-13-2009, 10:20 PM
Yes we know that man WE KNOW but were trying to tell you its a EASY FIX!!!!!. But if you must have a refund than maybe he wil give you one but you're going to be out the money its going to cost to ship it back to him.

Easy for you perhaps. He desnt want to give a refund. He gave me two options.1)have me contact ups and file a claim. which I can't do only the seller can.2)have me solder it and I guess from what he wrote send a a solder gun to do it with.Hopefully he becomes a born again christian:) and this doesnt happen to you or anyone else and he sends out a mint product to.If the shops were I lived had the knowledge to take cap off and re-tinsel id be a done deal.

steveBeatz
04-13-2009, 10:22 PM
soldering is so easy man, but i understand that u dont want to do it. Id just try couple more shops or maybe a muffler shop since they do welding just ask to solder it :) lol;\

Bender.
04-13-2009, 10:25 PM
Regardless of how simple it is to fix or if it only takes 5 minutes to fix I didnt pay for that.I payed for a sub that was mint in everyway shape and form. In all honesty i have never soldered something before.I did a search on this very forum and read that the "ghetto way" would be just to solder it right were it snapped. And that it might happen again.The right way would be to take the cone off and put in a new tinsel wire.I infact took it to 3 diffrent shops and no one wanted to mess with it. I just want people to know that I payed for a mint sub and didnt recieve that.

its not ghetto thats how they attach the tinsel to the coil and to the connectors

And that it might happen again

the sub might also catch on fire...probably wont happen but could :rolleyes:

The right way would be to take the cone off and put in a new tinsel wire

no the right way would be to recone it...are you going to do that? :rolleyes:

maddskillzz
04-13-2009, 10:26 PM
i couldnt really tell by the pics but it looked like it was broke pretty close to the cone...if its broke back towards the connectors just solder it and be done...its gonna end up costing you more to send it back...if all else fails and you solder it and it doesnt hold just get it reconed...i know you shouldnt have to do any of this since they were suppose to be mint but i think a recone and the price of shipping it back will be close to the same..

ALLOUTGEAR
04-13-2009, 10:31 PM
My .02,

I am the one who purchased the US Amps from Joe, haven't hooked it up yet, however packaged very good, just as described and shipped fast also. He gave me a good deal and as long as it works, well i am a happy buyer. Joe seems to be a strait forward seller to me..

Soldiering is a piece of cake and good luck with your Sub ..

mike lawry
04-13-2009, 10:39 PM
i couldnt really tell by the pics but it looked like it was broke pretty close to the cone...if its broke back towards the connectors just solder it and be done...its gonna end up costing you more to send it back...if all else fails and you solder it and it doesnt hold just get it reconed...i know you shouldnt have to do any of this since they were suppose to be mint but i think a recone and the price of shipping it back will be close to the same..

I called re today. the cost of a recone is 159.38 plus shipping it there and shipping it back to me.The tinsel is snapped right in the middle.I can tell if i were to solder it in the middle were it snapped, it would happen again. Theres not much slack in the wire at all.Again the best way to do it would be to re-tinsel it. Even with the tutorial thats on here I wouldnt attempt it having never having done it before.Also ive been told if i alter the sub any claim that happens might not go in my favor.

maddskillzz
04-13-2009, 10:41 PM
I called re today. the cost of a recone is 159.38 plus shipping it there and shipping it back to me.The tinsel is snapped right in the middle.I can tell if i were to solder it in the middle were it snapped, it would happen again. Theres not much slack in the wire at all.Again the best way to do it would be to re-tinsel it. Even with the tutorial thats on here I wouldnt attempt it having never having done it before.Also ive been told if i alter the sub any claim that happens might not go in my favor.

Well when i suggested recone i actually meant doing it yourself or having one of the guys here do it...

Bender.
04-13-2009, 10:42 PM

IT WOULD NOT BREAK AGAIN. how can you sit there and say it will happen again when you have never done it before and just recently looked at doing it?

mike lawry
04-13-2009, 10:47 PM
IT WOULD NOT BREAK AGAIN. how can you sit there and say it will happen again when you have never done it before and just recently looked at doing it?

I can barely get the two snapped wire to touch together as it is right now. If you got a piece of solder to join the two in the middle "hardened solder" can you bet your paycheck that when the sub flexes it wont happen again?

CobraStang98
04-13-2009, 10:48 PM
Personally i think its bullsh*t that the sub didnt arrive at the buyers home in the condition it was said to be in. Seller has the sub as fully working order and MINT, when it arrived it wasnt in working order. Regardless of how easy the fix may be, the seller should own up to his mistake and eat the costs. Because from what it seems, it is his fault.

Doesnt matter how many good transactions anyone has ever had in the past, look at what has happened with multiple big time sellers here. They have f*cked ppl here over and many of the members refused to believe it.

Racerx250
04-13-2009, 10:48 PM
I bought 1 12" XXX from Joe. It took about 3 weeks for him to get it shipped to me but I did get it. It was not mint as he said. There are a couple scratches on the motor but for what I paid I didn't mind much. I got what I wanted that's the end of it. If I paid full retail then I might have a problem with that.

All in all if he had another one and I wanted/needed it I'd buy from him again.

Fiercetimbo17
04-13-2009, 10:54 PM
For those of you *****ing and saying its an easy fix, that is not the point. He did not pay for a sub with a broken tinsel. Simple as that and he should not have to spend any extra time or money to get something he already paid for.

Bender.
04-13-2009, 10:54 PM
I can barely get the two snapped wire to touch together as it is right now. If you got a piece of solder to join the two in the middle "hardened solder" can you bet your paycheck that when the sub flexes it wont happen again?

**** i dont care what you do. solder it and use it or send it back whatever joe and you can agree on. soldering is so easy but you are being stubborn and dont want to do it so you are being a jack *** for not wanting to compromise

joe- if you do decide to give him a refund make him pay shipping back to you

team3d
04-13-2009, 10:55 PM
For those of you *****ing and saying its an easy fix, that is not the point. He did not pay for a sub with a broken tinsel. Simple as that and he should not have to spend any extra time or money to get something he already paid for.
x10

Miles0803
04-13-2009, 10:56 PM
i've been watching this for days:popcorn: i have this feeling its going to be a 30 page thread where everyone says just solder it and the guy keeps sayin i dont wanna it will happen again

99grandprixGT
04-13-2009, 10:56 PM
so he bought the sub assuming it was in working condition. i don't care how easy soldering is. he should not have to do anything to a sub he bought that was in supposedly working condition.

steveBeatz
04-13-2009, 10:58 PM
Ok yes we all agreed he SHOULDNT have to solder it cuz he paid for a working/mint sub OK I get that but now with the situation on hand.. What would you do? Pay 50bucks to ship it back and get a refund which I doubt you would get your shipping money back OR take some time to learn and solder the **** and keep it?

Bender.
04-13-2009, 11:00 PM
Ok yes we all agreed he SHOULDNT have to solder it cuz he paid for a working/mint sub OK I get that but now with the situation on hand.. What would you do? Pay 50bucks to ship it back and get a refund which I doubt you would get your shipping money back OR take some time to learn and solder the **** and keep it?

this...you cant change what has already happened...it is 100x easier and cheaper to solder it than ship it

clbolt
04-13-2009, 11:01 PM
A tinsel lead on an expensive sub isn't the place to learn to solder.

team3d
04-13-2009, 11:02 PM
I would get the money back and take a knife to the sub and then send it back.

SubNit
04-13-2009, 11:04 PM

x2^

I mean when you think about it, how could it have happened during shipping? Instead of saying "Oh its an easy fix blah blah blah" think to yourself how the tinsel broke..... the dude was sent a broken sub simple as that. On top of that the seller say" here's $10 for some solder and a gun". Honestly what kind of **** is that?

If I were the OP I would be doing the same thing

mike lawry
04-13-2009, 11:05 PM
**** i dont care what you do. solder it and use it or send it back whatever joe and you can agree on. soldering is so easy but you are being stubborn and dont want to do it so you are being a jack *** for not wanting to compromise

joe- if you do decide to give him a refund make him pay shipping back to you

Whoa gender bender. No need for name calling. I stated I have never soldered before as you pointed out.I dont feel comfortable doing it and especially after searching and finding that alot of people agree re-tinseling/reconing would be the best bet. How is me driving around to diffrent shops looking for a someone to fix it equate to me being stubborn.No ones asking you or forcing you to stay in this thread and raise your blood pressure, so you can scram if you want.

Bender.
04-13-2009, 11:06 PM

thats why you are an *** hole and are consequently on my **** list

team3d
04-13-2009, 11:12 PM
thats why you are an *** hole and are consequently on my **** list
And? The question was what would you do and I gave an answer
The op got screwed. Joesmith is in the wrong plain and simple. If Mike doesn't want to solder it thats his choice. So go ride joes nuts a little harder

mike lawry
04-13-2009, 11:13 PM
You know if I had some old thump subs or funky pups I might try the soldering thing out. I have been waiting for a pair of these subs in mint condition for awhile now. I meant to buy them from kowboy before he sold them to joe but, missed out. All I want is to let people know what happened with our transaction and hopefully after this he never does it again to anyone else.

bball09124
04-13-2009, 11:13 PM
x2^

I mean when you think about it, how could it have happened during shipping? Instead of saying "Oh its an easy fix blah blah blah" think to yourself how the tinsel broke..... the dude was sent a broken sub simple as that. On top of that the seller say" here's $10 for some solder and a gun". Honestly what kind of **** is that?

If I were the OP I would be doing the same thing

That's what it boils down to. The seller tried to scam the buyer and then pass it off as "oh, it's an easy fix."

Bender.
04-13-2009, 11:15 PM
And? The question was what would you do and I gave an answer
The op got screwed. Joesmith is in the wrong plain and simple. If Mike doesn't want to solder it thats his choice. So go ride joes nuts a little harder

i dont even know who the **** joe is. this is the first time i have seen him on this board ever. i am simply making a decision based on the facts not the people...infact i have never seen mike either

team3d
04-13-2009, 11:18 PM
You don't have to see them or know them. You are saying he is stupid for not soldering when he doesn't know how and you should really look at it through his eyes. He is new here and buys something that doesn't come to him as it was stated.

taintedplay
04-13-2009, 11:23 PM
im not reading through all of this, but...if it looks burnt, it could have snapped in the past, he resoldered it, and it rebroke in transit (since you said that happens)

hornedfrog1985
04-13-2009, 11:25 PM
The guy got shot for fu ck sake. I mean doesn't that make you wonder about his character...?

team3d
04-13-2009, 11:26 PM
The guy got shot for fu ck sake. I mean doesn't that make you wonder about his character...?
SAID he got shot

hornedfrog1985
04-13-2009, 11:27 PM
Either way, it makes him look bad.

team3d
04-13-2009, 11:28 PM
true

CrispedUp
04-13-2009, 11:33 PM

yes, because the seller would really refund the money first. :rolleyes:

csu87
04-13-2009, 11:33 PM
Hey Gender-Bender, Ive got a "mint" sub for you to buy. Would you?

Fiercetimbo17
04-13-2009, 11:35 PM

I agree its not worth it to ship it back to him for such an easy fix.

I think he does need to be compensated for his troubles however.

I do however feel that it will fail again. Honestly money needed for a recone should be refunded.

LazyRider
04-13-2009, 11:51 PM
Some of the stuff in here is kind of funny. I can't believe people are actually defending the seller. To say that the buyer should just solder it because it's cheaper than paying for shipping back is ridiculous. The seller should pay for the shipping back because he sold an item that wasn't as he described it. It's not the buyers fault at all. If he wants to solder it he has that choice but he doesn't have to. And then there's the fact that he wouldn't even call UPS since he claims when he sent it it was in mint condition. Well if that was truly the case he needs to call UPS and work it out with them. If you advertise something as mint condition and it doesn't arrive in mint condition then it is the sellers job to fix it not the buyers. As stated before he paid for a mint condition sub. Not a broken sub and $10 to go buy a solder gun, solder and to fix it himself. And the fact that people are defending him shows you why there's so much scamming on this site. People don't even realize when they are scamming people lol

15nissen
04-13-2009, 11:57 PM
Some of the stuff in here is kind of funny. I can't believe people are actually defending the seller. To say that the buyer should just solder it because it's cheaper than paying for shipping back is ridiculous. The seller should pay for the shipping back because he sold an item that wasn't as he described it. It's not the buyers fault at all. If he wants to solder it he has that choice but he doesn't have to. And then there's the fact that he wouldn't even call UPS since he claims when he sent it it was in mint condition. Well if that was truly the case he needs to call UPS and work it out with them. If you advertise something as mint condition and it doesn't arrive in mint condition then it is the sellers job to fix it not the buyers. As stated before he paid for a mint condition sub. Not a broken sub and $10 to go buy a solder gun, solder and to fix it himself. And the fact that people are defending him shows you why there's so much scamming on this site. People don't even realize when they are scamming people lol

I agree with you. I would refuse to keep anything that did NOT arrive just as described. I would demand a refund and have the seller pay to ship it back.
Its bullshit that this has already not happened REGARDLESS of how minor or major the defect is.

Lakota
04-14-2009, 12:07 AM
Yeah, it *****. But, would it be easier to repair the tinsel or keep *****ing about it? I would rather just fix the sub so that it works.

forbidden
04-14-2009, 12:11 AM
Yo, idiot stick JoeSmith502, 7 pages of people labelling you a scammer, are you going to man up and do the right thing and salvage your reputation (if you can) or leaving a person high and dry whilst stealing his money?

I am still waiting to hear how a tinsel lead can break in transit with no damage to the sub or the shipping container. Perhaps the tinsel gnomes were in the box when you packed it?

Macklessdaddy
04-14-2009, 12:27 AM
No matter what the outcome is,Joe will continue to sell and some idiots will continue buying from him.

LazyRider
04-14-2009, 02:35 AM
No matter what the outcome is,Joe will continue to sell and some idiots will continue buying from him.

Pretty much

mihklo
04-14-2009, 06:27 AM

This all but hits the nail on the head.

slim2fattycake
04-14-2009, 12:27 PM
Are you going through paypal to get your money back? I would open a dispute and get my full money back. Let the seller deal with UPS if it was really UPS's fault just like he let you deal with it.

To think, I was going to sell to the seller my BTL. Maybe, I'll give him an SSD in a box and tell him its a BTL and then not give him his money back. :)

Enellz
04-14-2009, 12:47 PM
This thread is burning with tension

Bender.
04-14-2009, 03:10 PM
You don't have to see them or know them. You are saying he is stupid for not soldering when he doesn't know how and you should really look at it through his eyes. He is new here and buys something that doesn't come to him as it was stated.

he has been here since 06

im not reading through all of this, but...if it looks burnt, it could have snapped in the past, he resoldered it, and it rebroke in transit (since you said that happens)

but it doesnt happen

Hey Gender-Bender, Ive got a "mint" sub for you to buy. Would you?

can you read? apparently not...and no i dont want your piece of **** i only buy from reputeable people not some jack *** have no idea who he is

bigbangtheory
04-14-2009, 04:57 PM
Jesus this **** is ridiculous!

I am with Kyle on this one.

mike lawry
04-14-2009, 05:56 PM
Are you going through paypal to get your money back? I would open a dispute and get my full money back. Let the seller deal with UPS if it was really UPS's fault just like he let you deal with it.

To think, I was going to sell to the seller my BTL. Maybe, I'll give him an SSD in a box and tell him its a BTL and then not give him his money back. :)

Paypal sent me this:Status
We're unable to decide this claim in your favor at this time. PayPal's Buyer Complaint Policy applies to the shipment of goods but not to disputes about merchandise quality.

What happens next

We encourage you to work directly with your seller to resolve this matter.

JoeSmith502
04-14-2009, 06:00 PM
All you mother ****ers are gonna pay. You are the ones who are the ball-lickers. We're gonna **** your mothers while you watch and cry like little *****es. Once we get to Oregon and find those sub bashing ****s who are making me look like ****, we're gonna make 'em eat our ****, then **** out our ****, then eat their **** which is made up of our **** that we made 'em eat. Then all you mother****s are next. Love, Joe from Louisville, KY (I always thought that was funny as **** and have been waiting along time to use it!)

Ok, once again let me explain this to you people. I sold this person TWO 12" XXX subs that were in mint condition when they left my possesion. How is it my fault that one arrived damaged and one didn't. If the tinsel was broke when I had it I would have just soldered it and that would have been the end of it.

As far as the damaged sub goes he also PMed me that it had a whole in the surround which he conveniently forgot to mention in this thread. I have pictures of all 5 of my XXXs and not one of them had any kind of damage to the cone or surround. So maybe, just maybe, it was damaged in shipping!

I have been on this site for a long time and have never had any problems with any products I have sold to anyone. Why would I start now? It's not in my nature to screw someone over. And as far as getting shot goes, how is that a blemish on my character. Anyone of you could be getting car jacked and try and fight back and get shot. Most of you *****es would just give up your ****. I'd rather be shot and have my car than run and be a *****.

Now, I am going to say this one more time and I am done with this thread and everyone in it (who's against me, thanks for sticking up for me some of you guys.) THE SUB WAS MINT WHEN IT LEFT HERE, THEREFOR I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE INCURRED DURING SHIPMENT OR AFTER IT HAD ARRIVED!

By the way, I have a new for sale thread with lots of wire, accessories, bass knobs, remotes, a dvd player, a volt meter and some more cool stuff. Check it out and buy something and let me prove to you I'm no punk. Here is the link:

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=398698

Oh and I'm looking for an Audio Control Epic 160 if anyone has one.

Thanks everyone! Joe

CrispedUp
04-14-2009, 06:02 PM
All you mother ****ers are gonna pay. You are the ones who are the ball-lickers. We're gonna **** your mothers while you watch and cry like little *****es. Once we get to Oregon and find those sub bashing ****s who are making me look like ****, we're gonna make 'em eat our ****, then **** out our ****, then eat their **** which is made up of our **** that we made 'em eat. Then all you mother****s are next. Love, Joe from Louisville, KY (I always thought that was funny as **** and have been waiting along time to use it!)

Ok, once again let me explain this to you people. I sold this person TWO 12" XXX subs that were in mint condition when they left my possesion. How is it my fault that one arrived damaged and one didn't. If the tinsel was broke when I had it I would have just soldered it and that would have been the end of it.

As far as the damaged sub goes he also PMed me that it had a whole in the surround which he conveniently forgot to mention in this thread. I have pictures of all 5 of my XXXs and not one of them had any kind of damage to the cone or surround. So maybe, just maybe, it was damaged in shipping!

I have been on this site for a long time and have never had any problems with any products I have sold to anyone. Why would I start now? It's not in my nature to screw someone over. And as far as getting shot goes, how is that a blemish on my character. Anyone of you could be getting car jacked and try and fight back and get shot. Most of you *****es would just give up your ****. I'd rather be shot and have my car than run and be a *****.

Now, I am going to say this one more time and I am done with this thread and everyone in it (who's against me, thanks for sticking up for me some of you guys.) THE SUB WAS MINT WHEN IT LEFT HERE, THEREFOR I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE INCURRED DURING SHIPMENT OR AFTER IT HAD ARRIVED!

By the way, I have a new for sale thread with lots of wire, accessories, bass knobs, remotes, a dvd player, a volt meter and some more cool stuff. Check it out and buy something and let me prove to you I'm no punk. Here is the link:

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=398698

Oh and I'm looking for an Audio Control Epic 160 if anyone has one.

Thanks everyone! Joe

if it was indeed the shipping companies fault, the seller is responsible for contacting them about the damage.

mike lawry
04-14-2009, 06:03 PM

After looking at the sub and the rest of the tinsels I agree with you that it looks burnt were it snapped and possibley snapped in the past. Theres absolutley no slack in the tinsel thats snapped. All the rest of the tinsels have slack in them.i wish i could get some better pics.its almost like it had been soldered before.I believe 1000% that he sent it snapped like that.im gonna try to get some better pics.

mike lawry
04-14-2009, 06:07 PM
There is in fact a small hole in surround. It doesnt go all the way through so i didnt think it was a big deal. theres scratches all on the magnet as well but i also didnt think it was a big deal.now tinsel snappage is a big deal.give me a few minutes ill post pics of the subs from diffrent angles.

snoopdan
04-14-2009, 06:10 PM
In all honesty and no bs, I did have a good transaction with joe on a Stinger battery. I've had zero issues with it and he was no bs about the sale.

JoeSmith502
04-14-2009, 06:14 PM
Paypal sent me this:Status
We're unable to decide this claim in your favor at this time. PayPal's Buyer Complaint Policy applies to the shipment of goods but not to disputes about merchandise quality.

What happens next

We encourage you to work directly with your seller to resolve this matter.

Exactly.. If Mike Lawry would have explained to me that the tinsel was broken and acted like a gentleman instead of an ******* slandering my good name all over this forum (and it was a good name, never a negative word about me) then we could have resolved the matter professionally. But since he wants to be a and post all our business on this forum you know what he's getting from me? Jack ****! I even recend my offer to send him $10 for the soldering gun. So as far as I'm concerned solder it, send it for a recone, buy another one, I no longer care..

JoeSmith502
04-14-2009, 06:14 PM
In all honesty and no bs, I did have a good transaction with joe on a Stinger battery. I've had zero issues with it and he was no bs about the sale.

Thanks Snoop! You da man!

mihklo
04-14-2009, 06:17 PM
how is it his fault that he recieved a damaged sub? as a responsible seller it should be on you to make things right........and that does not include sending the guy 10 bucks to fix a problem he did not pay for. it would be alot easier for you to go along with your story that you sent a perfect sub and that it got broken in shipping to make more money off the sub rather than fix the sub prior and sell it as a repaired speaker.

and btw there have been plenty of "good" reputable sellers making bad deals around here as of late.

mihklo
04-14-2009, 06:19 PM
the guy recieved a jacked up sub, asks you about it....you tell him to fix it or have him file a claim with the shipping company.....and then you get mad when he makes a thread about you? what a POS

mike lawry
04-14-2009, 06:31 PM
Exactly.. If Mike Lawry would have explained to me that the tinsel was broken and acted like a gentleman instead of an ******* slandering my good name all over this forum (and it was a good name, never a negative word about me) then we could have resolved the matter professionally. But since he wants to be a and post all our business on this forum you know what he's getting from me? Jack ****! I even recend my offer to send him $10 for the soldering gun. So as far as I'm concerned solder it, send it for a recone, buy another one, I no longer care..

I did expalin it to you.I was on my best behavior even.The reason I started this thread was because you wanted me to pretty much contact ups or solder it.You seemed willing to help until i couldnt get it fixed and wanted a refund or trade.I tried to resolve through p.m.'s. again ill prove i didnt get hasty until i seen it was going no where.standby please these are the p.m.'s

Private Message: Re: re xxx d2
04-09-2009, 02:02 PM
JoeSmith502
Beware of Dog!

Re: re xxx d2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hey i just recieved both subs. one is in perfect condition and the other one has a pretty small hole in the surround and one of the tinsel wires is snapped.can you let me know what thats about.as far as the small hole its not all that important but, the tinsel wire is.i sent you pics to [email protected] you have another email lmk and ill send them to it.i dont see how the wire could have snapped during shipping being the rest of the sub looks fine.let me know what you wanna do about this asap please.[/quote]

Man, I checked both subs right before I put them in the boxes with an ohm meter and checked everything about them. There were also no kind of holes or anything when they left my house. I would never sell anything that was defective. Everyone I sell too on here is always happy. The only thing I think could have happened was it was damaged during shipping. As far as the lead goes, all you would need to do is solder it back together. I'm sorry it arrived that way but as you know they were packaged very carefully. Maybe you should check into talking with UPS about it but I garauntee they left my house 100% mint and working just as they were advertised. Thanks again! Joe
Re: subs

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike lawry
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I might have found a local place that can take apart the dust cap and fix it the right way.its about 35 minutes from me but, its better than sending it in to re and having us pay shipping and the cost for them to do it which someone said was around 200.once i find out for sure i will let you know how much it is and we can split it.

I still think you should contact UPS because I sent you a perfect sub. I have had leads break on many subs in the past and soldering them worked fine. You had insurance on the sub and I know that it was fine when it left my hands. But let me know and we will se what we can do. Thanks again! Joe

well i just went to every repair shop where i live spent 3 hours outta my day and no one wanted to touch it.they said soldering it in the middle were its broke would break again for sure.I dont wanna deal with it.So what should we do? I can send you it back for a refund and you can either give me a full refund 350. or i can send you it back and you send me the other d2 xxx you have.let me know.

They sub was in mint condition when it left here. I'm sorry it must have been damaged in shipping. The only thing I can tell you is to contact UPS because once it leaves my hands in perfect shape then thats it. I have already sold the other D2 that I had anyways. Just solder it. It will be fine. Thanks, Joe

I dont want to solder it and have it mess up on me later..its not up to me to make the claim.i did my part and paid instantly for a pair of mint subs and only one was mint the other came defective.Since we cant seem to agree or resolve this i will start a claim on it through paypal and see what they say.

Thats not a problem. I took pictures of both subs right before I shipped them just in case something like this happened. I have already sent my evedince to PayPal. But let me ask you this.. why would I send you 1 mint one and one that was defective especially when I had another one laying around as well. Again, I urge you to contact UPS because that is the only way it will get fixed without you having to pay for it or solder it. I have no liability in this case as they were working fine when they left my hands. Just check my feedback on here. Everyone I have sold to has been extremely happy with their product. Thanks again! Joe

team3d
04-14-2009, 06:35 PM
Then sold it as a "MINT" sub?

mike lawry
04-14-2009, 06:36 PM
hopefully better pics

mike lawry
04-14-2009, 06:38 PM
hopefully better pics

I think these came out pretty decent.you guys can see what im talking about.the tinsel has no slack what so ever.it looks burnt in the middle were it snapped.

team3d
04-14-2009, 06:41 PM
it's burnt

bball09124
04-14-2009, 06:45 PM

...... ******* and a scammer. Nice combo.

team3d
04-14-2009, 06:53 PM
Where did he slander you? He has pics of a fvcked up sub that was supposed to be mint. He also came to you and you was willing to send ten dollars. You acted like an *** hole through all this so you are fvcking up your "good name"

bonesninja
04-14-2009, 06:59 PM

i've been shot twice.....and i got stabbed once.

i was in the Army when i was shot, and i was washing my car with my two sons when a crackhead approached me asking for money, i told him him i didn't have any----he cussed me out, i cussed him out---he walked out of the car wash bay, waited 5 minutes and snuck up on me and stabbed me as i turned around. I sprayed him right in the face with the high pressure sprayer and he screamed holding his face, fell down and after i stomped him a few times he recovered and ran like lightning.

My character is fine....sometimes **** happens

azbass
04-14-2009, 07:02 PM

dont be stupid. I can still ban you.

get this **** fixed both seller/buyer and anybody else involved.

take it too pm