PDA

View Full Version : Morel Tempo 6

ram396
04-11-2009, 09:16 PM
I was going to get these at woofersEtc but came upon this site selling them for $159. Sounds kinda suspect to me what do ya think....................

http://www.audiostream.cc/tempo-6-p-9.html

SubNit
04-11-2009, 10:44 PM
Wow good deal if it's legit. I'm actually looking for a new set of comp's too

Order a set and let me know if it works;)

macq32
04-13-2009, 12:23 AM
I would not **** with that at all, they can be had for under 250 these days, dont get greedy I'd be surprised if that price is legit

SubNit
04-13-2009, 12:38 AM
So who's gonna man up and order a set?

ram396
04-13-2009, 11:00 PM
Here is their address...............

P.O.Box 1405
Jalan Ipoh, Kuala Lumpur
51200 Malaysia

They want $50 for shipping so I think I'll spend the extra $50 and get them from WoofersEtc. Probably take like 2 months to ship them from Malaysia anyway even if they are truley Morels it's not worth it to me.

ram396
04-18-2009, 07:46 PM
well I wimped out and got them from WoofersEtc and put them in yesterday and all I got to say is WOW these things sound fantastic. I had some 14 year old Q series MB Quart 's that finally craped out on me. I was worried that they wouldn't sound as good but I'm happy now. The MB tweeters were a bit harsh but these Morel tweets are sweet. I can't believe how much more of the music I can hear now!!! Wish I would have bought these sooner now. Been driving around for months with a ripped mid bass and blown tweeters.

Snwbrdr1
04-18-2009, 08:53 PM
any baffle or deadner in the doors?

lyttleviet
04-19-2009, 05:19 AM
well I wimped out and got them from WoofersEtc and put them in yesterday and all I got to say is WOW these things sound fantastic. I had some 14 year old Q series MB Quart 's that finally craped out on me. I was worried that they wouldn't sound as good but I'm happy now. The MB tweeters were a bit harsh but these Morel tweets are sweet. I can't believe how much more of the music I can hear now!!! Wish I would have bought these sooner now. Been driving around for months with a ripped mid bass and blown tweeters.

They are great speakers huh? :veryhapp:

ram396
04-19-2009, 05:56 PM
any baffle or deadner in the doors?

No not yet but will be doing it soon. I can't imagine it sounding any better though!
I did the inner skins years ago and had to remove it to replace the window motors and never got around to redoing them. I really couldn't tell that much of a difference. This time I'll deaden the outer skin only & put some insulation behind the door panel.

okiedokie
04-19-2009, 09:17 PM
deadener will make them sound even better.

Jared530
06-08-2009, 11:02 PM
Malaysia makes the fake morels fyi

got-one-eight
06-12-2009, 05:30 PM
Malaysia makes the fake morels fyi

I was about to say I heard the same thing.

littlepucker
06-12-2009, 06:27 PM
Me gusta MOREL TEMPOS (capslockforeffect)

wkndracr
06-16-2009, 10:46 PM
I just installed a set of these today in my Mini and all I can say is WOW! They replaced a mismatched setup consisting of an a/d/s 235is component set but with MB Quart 5 1/4" from a 2213cx component set. It sounded ok, but I wanted to upgrade to 6 1/2.
I must admit I was a little disappointed upon opening the box, as the drivers seemed cheap, one dustcap looked like it was coming off (but it wasn't), and the crossovers looked pitiful. I actually kept the a/d/s crossovers. I did a side by side test after doing one door, and immediately, I could hear so much more detail with the Morels. The old setup sounded just plain flat. I installed the other side, let the auto eq in my DEH-P980BT do it's thing and was thoroughly impressed! So much crisper, excellent detail, and the midbass is great! Even the staging seems better. The doors on my car are pretty well sealed from the factory, plus I added dynamat to the inner and outer skins, so that may have helped in the midbass department. For a $200 component set, I am very happy. I haven't been this impressed since my old set of Oz Audio's way back in the day. Now that I've heard them I would trust the quality of the cheap looking xovers too but I'll leave the ones I have in there for now. I could only imagine what the higher end Morels sound like.