PDA

View Full Version : 10" Fi BL box. Help please.

cockeyed00
04-11-2009, 04:01 PM
I am getting a 10" BL for my truck. It is going behind my rear seats and here are the dimensions: height - 16" top depth - 7" bottom depth - 9" length - 52" (dimensions are from a box I have in there right now running 3 10s. Roughly 2.75 cubes of space with 3/4 mdf) I want to do a slotted or square port if possible, probably on top. On the Fi site it says 1.5 cubes but will a bigger box be better? Any help would be great! Thanks

KHARPS
04-11-2009, 04:06 PM
I had one in 1.25 and then 1.5. 1.5@33 was perfect for it in my opinion.

slam
04-11-2009, 04:07 PM
had mine like KHARPS and it banged hard

cockeyed00
04-11-2009, 10:33 PM
So there will no benefit to making a bigger box than suggested? Have the space and if I can might as well use it. Any help with a slot port or should I just use a round one?

hatemonger
04-12-2009, 09:26 AM
So there will no benefit to making a bigger box than suggested? Have the space and if I can might as well use it. Any help with a slot port or should I just use a round one?

1.5 will work fine. you can use either a round or square port, as long as it's designed correctly, and with enough port area.

DNick454
04-15-2009, 10:03 PM

Stick to what the manufacturer recommends for the volume. Those are the optimal settings for that particular woofer. As for the port style... it really depends what you want to do area, depth, and tuning wise. You may not be able to use a round port since your box isn't all that deep and be able to get enough port area and still have the ports long enough to get the desired tuning. A slot port is nice because it saves internal volume because it utilizes 3 of the already used walls as part of the port and doesn't need any internal bracing like the end of a PVC or aero port would, so it saves space that way. What are your plans for sub and port orientation?