PDA

View Full Version : 2 SDC2.5 15s

inkfx
04-08-2009, 11:29 PM
I'm in need of help designing a box for my upcoming setup.

2x AQ SDC2.5 15"
Cadence TXA 1000D

This will be going in the trunk of my '08 Grand Marquis. I was thinking having the subs and port facing back. Tuning somewhere between 35hz-38hz. That way I can still lay stuff on top of my box if needed.

Dimensions I have to work with:

17" high
41" wide
24" deep

With those dimensions, it leaves me with a little room on the sides just in case. I've been trying to use the recalc but not really liking the results I come up with. So any help in a design is appreciated.

Sorry if I left anything out, just let me know if I did.

Fuknmovin
04-09-2009, 09:29 AM
Anybody help you out yet?

mlstrass
04-09-2009, 10:51 AM
you can email AQ for a design...

inkfx
04-09-2009, 12:09 PM
Yeah DJ sent me a PM. Said with the current specs I'd be a little too small for 2 15s. I can add a few more inches to each side but would it be bad if I built a box for theses 15s at current spec?

inkfx
04-09-2009, 05:05 PM
Well he came up with some specs for me that will be perfect for my car.

"If you can build your box with the following measurements:
Exterior: W=41", H=20", D=26" (26.75 if baffle is dbl)
Interior: W=39.5, H=18.5 , D=24.5"
Port will be 7.3" wide, 18.5 tall and 20" deep/long measured from the outside face of the box. Project the port into the box 18" and then turn each port wall at right angles 2" additional

Build your port in the center of the box firing to the rear, mount the subs firing to the rear. Center the subs between the port walls and the ends of the box

Your box will be around 8.5 cubes net ported,tuned around 38hz"

Unless anyone else has something to chime in, this is most likely what I will be building. Thanks to DJ. YOU'RE THE MAN!! :toast:

Xprime4
04-09-2009, 05:11 PM
Yeah dj is so nice! You'll love these subs, trust me

also, do you need to build the box in the trunk?

DownSouth954
04-09-2009, 05:18 PM
I have a '98 Marquis and I think you might want to restrict the width to 40" and the depth to 21", or you're going to have a hard time putting that box in :) Aft first I was planning on 24" deep too but the subs are really close to the trunk hatch...

pman44
04-09-2009, 05:23 PM
Nice to hear man!

I'm going to have to send DJ a pm or something so he can sketch up some plans. I'm close to buying a pair of the SDC2.5 15"s as well. But right now I must focus on school and get settled in for the summer. After that it's time to get the ball rolling on my summer project. :veryhapp:

I'm sure 2 sdc2.5 15"s on an AP15001d will be fairly loud in 8.5^3.

Anyway, good luck on building and post some pics of progress!

Cheers.

inkfx
04-09-2009, 05:49 PM
Yeah dj is so nice! You'll love these subs, trust me

also, do you need to build the box in the trunk?
I may, or I may not. I'd rather not.

I have a '98 Marquis and I think you might want to restrict the width to 40" and the depth to 21", or you're going to have a hard time putting that box in :) Aft first I was planning on 24" deep too but the subs are really close to the trunk hatch...
Thanks on the heads up. Are the dimensions on our trunks exactly the same? I'll most likely cut a few inches off here and there if I must.

Nice to hear man!

I'm going to have to send DJ a pm or something so he can sketch up some plans. I'm close to buying a pair of the SDC2.5 15"s as well. But right now I must focus on school and get settled in for the summer. After that it's time to get the ball rolling on my summer project. :veryhapp:

I'm sure 2 sdc2.5 15"s on an AP15001d will be fairly loud in 8.5^3.

Anyway, good luck on building and post some pics of progress!

Cheers.
Thanks guy. I'm loving my single SDC2.5 15". Can't wait to have a 2nd one bumping. :cool: Not to mention, AQ has been amazing with their customer service.