PDA

View Full Version : Aero port help

I Like Waffle
04-08-2009, 11:36 PM
So ive been waiting for 3 days to finish my box for 2 10s" for a lady and cant get help in my other topic, i dont know **** about aero ports but wanted to try them. Manufacturer reccomended for one sub - 1.5 cubes, with 2 3" ports 13" long, tuned to 50hz. Im mocking up the box now and cant cut anything till i figure out where the ports are gonna go and how many of them i need. Another member suggested 2 3" ports 10.5" long which will get me tuned around 38hz. I cant figure out if i need 2 ports per sub or what though. I already have 10ft of 3" pvc, so im just waiting now to cut it. The actual box size i have now is around 3.3 cubes before port/sub displacement. Some one please help me or show me a site that has a functional aero calculator so i can finish this box. Id appreciate it :)

mazdakid
04-09-2009, 12:13 AM
do you have the flares to make it an actual aero, or is it just regular round pvc? the psp site has a port calculator.

KyleBechtold
04-09-2009, 12:14 AM
what is the difference with aero's over slots minus space?

I Like Waffle
04-09-2009, 12:30 AM
aeros are somewhat easier to do, and easier to change tuning if you decide from what i hear. I could just as easily do a slot port though, doesnt matter to me either way, i just want the box tuned to 38hz and thought aeros would look cool and wanted to try them out. :crazy:

I Like Waffle
04-09-2009, 12:38 AM
psp calc is coming up with the ports being 6.5 inches long for my box (3 cubes tuned to 38) but the box is 3 cubes BEFORE port and driver displacement, does it take that into account?