PDA

View Full Version : Sub plancement in box

07BronzeFuz
04-07-2009, 11:25 PM
I have always kept the subs and port on the same side of the box. I have see a lot of subs pointing up and the port facing foward? Is there a advantage or disadvantage in doing this? Does is matter if its a single sub setup or 2 or 3?

DNick454
04-08-2009, 02:24 AM
It's more dependent on what style of car/truck you have. If you've got just like a coupe or a sedan, the typical setup is port and sub facing out the back of the car. Usually in hatchbacks and SUV's you do subs pointing up with port facing back. The only time you would do anything facing forward would be if you were to build a wall isolating the box, the trunk space, and your cabin. If you don't seal it off, you will get less than optimal results.

itzme218
04-08-2009, 07:29 AM
Fitment issues. Port on same side of sub is fine. Port on sides of sub is fine. But never have i heard port and sub on opposite sides.

pr-festiva
04-08-2009, 08:23 AM
Fitment issues. Port on same side of sub is fine. Port on sides of sub is fine. But never have i heard port and sub on opposite sides.

you might want to check out the loud crx boxes ,,they are sub forward,, port back but there is other ways to do it also:)

07BronzeFuz
04-08-2009, 09:34 AM
It's more dependent on what style of car/truck you have. If you've got just like a coupe or a sedan, the typical setup is port and sub facing out the back of the car. Usually in hatchbacks and SUV's you do subs pointing up with port facing back. The only time you would do anything facing forward would be if you were to build a wall isolating the box, the trunk space, and your cabin. If you don't seal it off, you will get less than optimal results.

My last setup I had a L7 15 sub and port firing into the cabin and got LOUD results with it.

itzme218
04-09-2009, 06:12 PM
you might want to check out the loud crx boxes ,,they are sub forward,, port back but there is other ways to do it also:)

What I mean is something like..
Sub facing back/ port facing forward. directly 180 degrees from each other

pr-festiva
04-09-2009, 08:06 PM
crx boxes for the most part are now subforward,port back,,,sub up, port back is not as common any more