PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Speakers for a Grand Cherokee

KotnmthKng
04-07-2009, 11:19 AM
I am looking to throw some decent speakers in my Jeep. 6.5" in front and back. They will be powered by a Pioneer HU, no amp so please dont suggest one. Some components for the front and coaxials for the back.

I'm not going to add a subwoofer either so I need speakers with good bass.

Looking to spend around $300 for both pairs

Thanks

edit: forgot the budget.

thegreatestpenn
04-07-2009, 11:23 AM
no outboard amp? id say get some powerbass entry level comps and coaxials

KotnmthKng
04-07-2009, 08:42 PM
Thanks for the input thegreatestpenn. Those seem really cheap though. But if they will sound good I dont care

any other opinions please?

BigJoker
04-08-2009, 08:34 AM
Thanks for the input thegreatestpenn. Those seem really cheap though. But if they will sound good I dont care

any other opinions please?

i second the pb comps. they are good budget comps. not sure how they will do off hu power. just buy a cheap amp to power them.

millionbuy.com get some pb comps and profile amp

KotnmthKng
04-08-2009, 11:45 AM
My last system I ran a set of kenwood excelon comps of HU power and they sounded awesome, except they had 0 bass. That was good since I was using a sub too.

All Im looking to do here is upgrade the factory speakers in my Jeep, which is my second car. I just need to know what speakers have a good amount of bass. Im not running an amp, its just not necessary for me

If these Powerbass speakers are what you guys recommend then I will look into them. Im not necessarily looking for budget speakers however, just decent speakers with bass