PDA

View Full Version : pvc enclosure for mids?

corto
04-06-2009, 06:41 PM
instead of fiberglassing i wanted to take a piece of 6'' pvc and find the recomonded air space the mid that is going to be in it and seal one end off with a pvc 6'' end cap and mount the 6.5 comp on the other end and this would be in my door. So the whole enclosure would be sorta hidden in my door and the pvc would be completley sealed off would this work?

fasfocus00
04-06-2009, 06:43 PM
instead of fiberglassing i wanted to take a piece of 6'' pvc and find the recomonded air space the mid that is going to be in it and seal one end off with a pvc 6'' end cap and mount the 6.5 comp on the other end and this would be in my door. So the whole enclosure would be sorta hidden in my door and the pvc would be completley sealed off would this work?

don't plan on rolling down dem windows.

corto
04-06-2009, 06:50 PM
i could have it so i could roll down thw windows though i could have it in my door prolly 3 inches and out of my door another 3 inches or more outside if needed so this would work ?

fasfocus00
04-06-2009, 06:53 PM
i could have it so i could roll down thw windows though i could have it in my door prolly 3 inches and out of my door another 3 inches or more outside if needed so this would work ?

don't do it, you're just trying to get out of doing it the white way. you can do it white or do it twice.

01 S 10
04-06-2009, 06:55 PM
don't do it, you're just trying to get out of doing it the white way. you can do it white or do it twice.

lmao :laugh:

cx-7heaven
04-06-2009, 06:56 PM
Dont use pvc, it will make them sound "honky". Put a sub in a plastic bucket, you will see what I mean. IF you ABSOLUTELY have to use pvc, then apply a good thickness layer of fiberglass, or sound deadener to the inside for sure, and outside if you can make it work installwise.

corto
04-06-2009, 07:06 PM
so its possible i could sound dampin the hell right out of it thatd be no problem how much air space would the id ctx65 need? a piece