PDA

View Full Version : Comps for JL 300/2

PhDinTHC
04-06-2009, 03:24 PM
I already have a JL 300/2 amp and I need a new set of speakers. I was thinking about getting the audioque AQG 6.5 but I cant find many reviews. What would be other good sets for around $200. I would like to be able to use the amp to a decent amount of its potential.

07ramjam
04-06-2009, 03:41 PM
Im really liking my Alpine Type X ref's.I have them on 200 a side and they seem to do well with that amount of power,using the gain wisely of course.I got them for 189.00 plus tax.I highly recommend them.

PhDinTHC
04-06-2009, 03:45 PM
I had some type R's a long time ago that were pretty good. I had germaniums but I left them in my car when I sold it. Are the type X's that much better?

07ramjam
04-06-2009, 03:52 PM
I had some type R's a long time ago that were pretty good. I had germaniums but I left them in my car when I sold it. Are the type X's that much better?

I was able to listen to them side by side.I have to say that the R's sounded pretty nice.Better than I expected.Then the sales guy switched to the X's and I was sold.They had a much more "open" sound.The tweets are very clear.I listen to 80's type Metal so sometimes the tweets can be harsh but I only say this because of my music preference.They get plenty loud and still stay very clear.I would check them out.