PDA

View Full Version : Can you check me on this?

Fuknmovin
04-05-2009, 12:59 PM
Hey all, WEll I designed and built a nice center console box for my truck and it worked ok, but I want it louder and the only way I can think of is to run the ports to the driver side and sub up instead of port up and sub at 45* angle like the other one. I am looking to get tuning in the 32Hz range also as I like the lows! The sub is a 15" HDC315 Audio que with the aluminum voice coil and I am running a MA amp with the gain set at 3500 watts RMS. What I want you to tell me is does everything look right here, and do you think the port placement is correct for max loudness? I know the Crew Cab trucks are difficult to get loud but I am hoping for some nice numbers out of this, I know tuning higher would help but I just don't like the way it sounds, just me I guess...Thanks for the help!

Oh yeah, the box is exactly 4.05 cubes after the displacements and the ports are 30.75" long and I have to mate them together like that on the ends to get them to fit, but they do this on Indy car intake tubes with no loss of flow so it should be ok.

IDSkoT
04-05-2009, 01:03 PM
:facepalm:
Download WinISD

Fuknmovin
04-05-2009, 01:08 PM
WinISD?

dragnix
04-05-2009, 01:08 PM
WinISD?

It's a program that helps you build your box based on subwoofer parameters. I have never used that **** though. ****'s free :fyi:

IDSkoT
04-05-2009, 01:10 PM
It's a program that helps you build your box based on subwoofer parameters. I have never used that **** though. ****'s free :fyi:

If you aren't doing the calculations by hand, it's pretty good. I don't fully trust it because I don't know what algorithms they use. But, for the most part, it will get near exactly what you need.
However, it doesn't build your box based off the subwoofer parameters. It will give you a general output based off your sub's parameters, in the box that you input. Most people just use it to calculate port length / width.

www.lmgtfy.com/?q=WinISD+Alpha+Download

Fuknmovin
04-05-2009, 01:12 PM
AH ok, I will give it a try, but how can it determine the output in MY truck?

dragnix
04-05-2009, 01:15 PM
AH ok, I will give it a try, but how can it determine the output in MY truck?

it won't. Even if it does, it won't be accurate by any means. There are too many variables involved to determine exact output until you actually put it together. It may just tell you the sub's output in that particular box.

infamous_e46
04-05-2009, 01:19 PM
Wow somebody somewhat local who knows about aq and builds boxes :excited:

Fuknmovin
04-05-2009, 01:58 PM
Yeah not too many AQ peeps out this way huh? I am really excited about this box as I think it will do what I want it to, the current box is already pretty good..I am hoping to get somewhere in the solid 140's with it, well see..I wish the other one worked better, it looks soo nice!