PDA

View Full Version : clifford???

///M3 Miami
04-03-2009, 10:34 PM
i currently have an intelliguard 7000 installed in my 95 BMW M3 and got a deal on a clifford 50.5x, question is can i just unplug the I7000 and plug in the 50.5x snd antenna? not lookiing for remote start, car is manual trans.

SoundConnection
04-04-2009, 12:09 PM
No it will not be plug and play. The wires are not even the same the color so you'll need the install guide for both and solder the wires together.

///M3 Miami
04-04-2009, 02:34 PM
No it will not be plug and play. The wires are not even the same the color so you'll need the install guide for both and solder the wires together.

aside from being a newer model and being a 2 way with remote start, which is a better more reliable alarm?

is it worth the expense of having it switxched out or am i better off reselling the 50.5x and keeping the I7000? just looking for some opinions here, i am not that knowledgable about alarm systems.

inkfx
04-04-2009, 02:37 PM
If what you have works, and does what you want, I don't see a reason to switch.

///M3 Miami
04-04-2009, 03:09 PM
If what you have works, and does what you want, I don't see a reason to switch.

the I7000 has been in for about 2 weeks as a replacement for the P.O. concept 100 which did not work. the I7000 worked for the first 3 days then mysteriously unprogrammed itself, it would automatically arm at will, door locks did not work and siren never went off when tripped, only lights flashing.

Took it back to the installer and he reprogrammed everything and it worked great for a few more days then same thing, doors lock on start but not on turn off, siren chirps but does not activate on setting alarm off, only light flash. Called the installer back and he wants to take it out and put in a viper plus $175.00 more.

I found a professionally un-installed 50.5x for under $100.00 and figured i would get it but now i am second guessing my decision.

I spoke with some fellow bimmer owners that have experienced similar problems with aftermarket alarms interfacing into the bmw wiring. i do not have an OEM alarm but do have the factory pigtrail that the installer tapped into.

SoundConnection
04-04-2009, 03:25 PM
There is nothing difficult about doing an alarm in a bmw. I would go with the 50.5 over the intelleguard. The mile range is a plus and I was never fond of the intelleguards.

///M3 Miami
04-04-2009, 03:29 PM
There is nothing difficult about doing an alarm in a bmw. I would go with the 50.5 over the intelleguard. The mile range is a plus and I was never fond of the intelleguards.

thanks for the advise, i really like the idea of the 2 waY and mile range, especially living in the city, is it possible that the problems i am experiencing with the I7000 will disappear with the 50.5?