PDA

View Full Version : Rob from WI

Nophix
04-03-2009, 03:54 PM
Hello everyone!

Just thought I'd throw out my intro post. I'm an avid audioholic, both home and car. I'm currently residing in Stevens Point, WI with my wife and 2 kids. I work in IT, and spend an absolutely rediculous amount of time with my main non-family love, my motorcycles.

I have a strong background in Car Audio. I was MECP FC certified years ago, but it has since expired. I worked as an installer through most of High School, and of and on since. I played shop manager and lead installer for a couple small shops, and even had a run at being a shop owner.

I also have a strong background in motorsports, both auto and motorcycle related.

I'm actually looking at getting back into the car audio field, quite possibly opening my own shop again. Even in the current economic climate, we have a strong market for it here.

My current ride is rather lame, since its basically to and from work only. Its a '95 Mercury Villager. We plan to do something with this for at the track entertainment, since it hauls my bike to the track as well. The bike is a very highly modded '94 GSXR-1100.

The wife's car is the first on the list though. Her audio system is terrible. Its bad enough she is actually begging me to upgrade it! Normally, she's begging me to leave it alone! She has a '98 Ford Contour SVT (#765). That thing is a riot!

Anyhow, I'l post a pic of the car and bike. The van is a plain blue and silver minivan, and I haven't taken any pics of it.

Wife's SVT
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/sportrods/6howae.jpg

My baby!!
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/sportrods/100_2160.jpg

gearhound17
04-04-2009, 12:23 AM
Welcome Rob!

alvitae
04-04-2009, 12:31 AM
Welcome, I have a 98 Contour as well. That car peaks at 57 hz. and is **** loud for a trunk car. See if she will let you rip the back seat out for subs and port forward :)

SlowCamaro
04-04-2009, 01:00 AM
welcome

and i work for a company out of marshfield wi

Nophix
04-04-2009, 09:23 PM
Welcome, I have a 98 Contour as well. That car peaks at 57 hz. and is **** loud for a trunk car. See if she will let you rip the back seat out for subs and port forward :)

Nope, car seats for the 2 kids have to go there. That, and she can't stand loud bass. Hers is going to be more of a stealth/sq car. Probably use a pair of 8's mounted to the rear deck, and fiberglass a small enclosure for each underneath.

Nophix
04-04-2009, 09:24 PM
welcome

and i work for a company out of marshfield wi

Cool! Another fellow local IT guy.

denim
09-22-2009, 11:03 AM
Welcome to CA.

plugitin
09-22-2009, 11:09 AM
im up in marquette michigan...no idea where stevens point is though, lol. Welcome

AudioAnonymous
09-22-2009, 11:19 AM
Welcome. Lots of good peoples in the Wisconsin audio scene.