PDA

View Full Version : PA FUBAR 12W Enclosure?

Ronmeister
04-02-2009, 09:07 PM
I recently opened a thread regarding this but didn't get too much out of it.
So, I was wondering what people recommend for a proper DD enclosure.
I listen to mostly fast hitting rock/metal but do play rap songs every once in a while. I know, this woofer isn't necessarily good for rock/metal.

I'm planning on making it flush mounted against the rear running a single subwoofer.

Lol, and in the off chance that someone is local or has access to a Mercedes C300 and could make an enclosure custom fit, I'll be glad to pay for someone to make one.

Ron

bonesninja
04-02-2009, 09:16 PM
wait a minute.....you drive a Mercedes and you have a Fubar sub?

Thats like putting touring tires on a Lambo.

Ronmeister
04-02-2009, 10:23 PM
wait a minute.....you drive a Mercedes and you have a Fubar sub?

Thats like putting touring tires on a Lambo.

:laugh:

The woofer and amp was a present, and I want to use it and "enjoy" it to avoid confrontation. Now, the rest of the system is up to par and all, with nothing but my beloved PPI Sedona amplifiers and MB Quart component sets.

Ron

Hybrid90accord
04-02-2009, 11:24 PM
just tell them someone broke in the car and stole all that PA stuff, and thats why ur going with better equipment(subs).

Ronmeister
04-03-2009, 01:30 AM
just tell them someone broke in the car and stole all that PA stuff, and thats why ur going with better equipment(subs).

LOL.
I'm afraid my conscious would eat at me too much for that one.

Snow90
04-03-2009, 03:23 PM
LOL.
I'm afraid my conscious would eat at me too much for that one.

pvssy.

Ronmeister
04-09-2009, 05:18 PM
Any more input?
I just finished buying all the supplies needed for another enclosure build.

hatemonger
04-11-2009, 06:02 PM
1.75 cubes tuned to 34-38hz. you could go a little bigger, but since you're a metal/rock guy, i'd stick a tad small. it'll help keep some control over the sub when pounding that quick double bass. and for the record, the sub has no bearing on certain styles of music, and how it performs on that music. example: you have an 8 inch sub in a ported box too large for the sub. it sounds pretty good on rap (probably), but really sounds sloppy playing fast double bassed metal. it's the box. now, you have a 15, in a sealed box too small for the 15. it will probably sound pretty good playing fast double bassed metal, but won't probably be able to pound out that low rap bass like it could. it's the box. any sub can play any type of music. the box determines how the sub reacts, good or bad.