PDA

View Full Version : anyone good with building boxes for mustangs

RFmustang
09-09-2003, 10:53 AM
i have a 94 mustang convertible and am trying to make a box for my hx2 to fit in my trunk. i want it to face forward and the ports to go under the top when its down so i can still hear it when its down. im looking for about 2 cubic feet and the box to be tuned to about 30-35Hz. i can get dimensions of my trunk if needed

thanks

PeaveyBassist
09-09-2003, 09:05 PM
What is your budget for a box? Mr. Cabinetry makes awesome boxes. Prices are higher than some, but of course you get what you pay for (usually, lol) and his boxes are THE best ones I have seen. I make custom boxes but I am really busy right now and if you want me to make one, expect a 5-6 week backorder. :)

Will

RFmustang
09-09-2003, 10:16 PM
i want to do it myself, im just looking for ideas and dimensions i should use and the ports

DannyD
01-01-2004, 07:07 PM
I am looking at doing the same thing that you wanted to do to the Convert.......you ever get any info ?

RFmustang
01-27-2004, 10:12 AM
well i changed my plans a little, i like this way much better check out what i've done www.sounddomain.com/id/rfmuftang

badboy4life
02-05-2004, 02:52 PM
hey whats up, i got professional box made for my mustang and it doesnt fit at all because the trunk is just too big but i can get u dimensions if u want me too, email me at [email protected] if u want them.

PopcornPlaya
02-05-2004, 03:12 PM
in case you are still looking for dimensions, you might want to check out probox and... crap, i cant think of the other company right now... also, those pics you have, is that the amp rack in the center? if so, is it a little crooked, or is that the camera angle?

Car Trekker
02-05-2004, 03:14 PM
You'd be better off facing the rear, ports too.
Check out the pic of the Derand Mustang I just posted under American Cars.
I did lot's of measures and tests before we spent $65k.
Chas