PDA

View Full Version : Viper Alarm Anything else?

blackdragonaudi
03-31-2009, 03:04 AM
Okay in about 4-5 weeks time when I get settled and all I will be installing a viper 5901 in my 2003 honda civic ex. I know I have to have the alarm and the immobilizer for the key. I also ordered a ton of wire so I can relocate my alarm brain in the trunk. My question is. Do I need/want anything else for the install? I am thinking about buying the backup battery as well. Any input on this will be appreciated.

blackdragonaudi
03-31-2009, 04:05 AM
Bump

blackdragonaudi
03-31-2009, 01:07 PM
Bump

SWFL
03-31-2009, 01:13 PM
dude all your wires are right under the dash and the steering console well for my f150 they were its gonna **** to run all those wires to the trunk and then run wires back to the front for the siren and if u have any sensors like the shock and proxmity, whats the point to put it in the trunk

blackdragonaudi
03-31-2009, 01:15 PM
Um i can think of a few including it will be harder for a theft to find and disable the wires because they will be hidden. Also will have false leading wires and all to slow him down. If your going to install a alarm you better do it right.
You might want to start reading this link
http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=146326

blackdragonaudi
03-31-2009, 06:55 PM
Bump

Worlddre
03-31-2009, 08:31 PM
If this is your first alarm install i guarantee you it is not going to come out the way you have pictured it in your head. Just a heads up....it takes a good bit of experience to do an alarm install like the one you obviously want. just a heads up

blackdragonaudi
03-31-2009, 09:05 PM
Not to be rude but I am taking the car off the road for a week just so I can take my time on it. IT will come out how I pictured it I already have the wiring harness figures out and all.

Worlddre
03-31-2009, 09:17 PM
whatever you say dude. what do i know any way?

blackdragonaudi
03-31-2009, 09:21 PM
Oh did I mention that I was hainvg a guy come and help that has done them but all he is going to do is guide me.

davidfre21
03-31-2009, 09:32 PM
peizo sirens

blackdragonaudi
04-02-2009, 11:41 PM
Bump

blackdragonaudi
04-03-2009, 12:12 AM
One other thing what is this wiring harness for I have not been able to locate the manual for the alarm. but I would like to know what it is and for as well.
http://i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr199/bigaudiofanatic/5901.jpg

Worlddre
04-03-2009, 08:49 AM
that is the heavy guage remote start harness

blackdragonaudi
04-03-2009, 12:25 PM
So what gauge wire would I need to use to extend them?It looks like 14 or 12 gauge but I dont know.

Worlddre
04-03-2009, 12:47 PM
Well iirc your the constant wires at fused at 30a so extend them all with a guage rated to carry at least that over the distance from the ignition harness to the brain.

blackdragonaudi
04-03-2009, 01:34 PM
Yep will do but just wanted to get the right gauge thanks man for your help.

SlowCamaro
04-03-2009, 01:36 PM
i have the clifford alarm just like that viper.

i put in a proximity sensor and smart windows so they roll the windows up when armed

blackdragonaudi
04-03-2009, 01:39 PM
I was thinking about putting that in mine but though na maybe another time

faiz23
04-03-2009, 06:11 PM
take your sweet as time and diode isolate you factory arm/disarm, keyless entry.

use a backup battery and a piezo siren inside the cab

use 2 sirens under the hood,

if i wire you seriously forget about relocating the brain to the trunk and remove your speedometer and hid it behind there.

use mis match color wire to mess around with the thief but seriously if they want they can tow your ****.

get a radar sensor for inside the cabin not proximity sensor.

Worlddre
04-03-2009, 09:54 PM
take your sweet as time and diode isolate you factory arm/disarm, keyless entry.

use a backup battery and a piezo siren inside the cab

use 2 sirens under the hood,

if i wire you seriously forget about relocating the brain to the trunk and remove your speedometer and hid it behind there.

use mis match color wire to mess around with the thief but seriously if they want they can tow your ****.

get a radar sensor for inside the cabin not proximity sensor.

what on earth are you isolating these from?

faiz23
04-04-2009, 12:38 AM
what on earth are you isolating these from?

reason why i say that is the viper 5901 has a remote start option to it and the problem with a manual car like mine which is a crossfire 6 spd was the viper alarm has to see a specific sequence or it will not remote start the car.

the door locks and factoy arm/disarm was feeding back into the brain once the car shuts down and tripping the sequence, diode isolate took care of it and honestly HOW MUCH DO DIODES COST.

you are a mecp installer diode isolate will not hurt your install, yeah it adds time but that is the point of being professional and less time wasted trouble shooting.

blackdragonaudi
04-04-2009, 02:18 AM
Um I dont have a manual trans so I dont think I need to worry about that

faiz23
04-04-2009, 02:22 AM
Um I dont have a manual trans so I dont think I need to worry about that

you are right but keep a heads up on it just in case you run into any issues. have you studied up on how your door triggers work and lock/unlock.

have you checked to make sure you know where your remote start wires are, tach wire, and other stuff as such

Worlddre
04-04-2009, 08:40 AM
reason why i say that is the viper 5901 has a remote start option to it and the problem with a manual car like mine which is a crossfire 6 spd was the viper alarm has to see a specific sequence or it will not remote start the car.

the door locks and factoy arm/disarm was feeding back into the brain once the car shuts down and tripping the sequence, diode isolate took care of it and honestly HOW MUCH DO DIODES COST.

you are a mecp installer diode isolate will not hurt your install, yeah it adds time but that is the point of being professional and less time wasted trouble shooting.

7 out of 10 cars that will not be necessary anything aside from the door triggers in the least let alone an 03 civic. Btw factory arm and disarm are output wires. If you were getting feedback on either of those and tripping the rs sequence you either a serious groundloop or a faulty brain. As for wiring diodes online with keyles same situtation if you need to prevent feedback to the brain you have other issues. Only times keyless gets isolated is when isolating the two wires from each other in a one wire door lock system which he doesn't have or in an older 4runner which he also doesn't have.

93dakota
04-05-2009, 05:13 PM
A couple things you may need are relays and a good wiring schematic for your car. the schematic helped me so much on my install.