PDA

View Full Version : Help! faulty alarm locked ignition.... what to do?

Supergumby5000
03-30-2009, 11:11 PM
I added a substage to my future roommates 1990 toyota celica.

It has manual doors/locks, but an oldschool viper alarm.

She said alarm hasnt worked since she owned the car.

I reconnected the battery after installing everything, but now the ignition is locked. Its like the change in the electrical system made the alarm think the car was getting stolen.

Any ideas? how can i disengage this? There is a way around the alarm by manually locking and unlocking the doors with a key, and this worked ONCE, but now it wont work anymore.

If i find the brain and cut the 12v constant to it, will this disengage it?

Im pretty n00b when it comes to alarms, so any help is appreciated.

Supergumby5000
03-30-2009, 11:36 PM
ttt, someones gotta know how to disable this bad boy

iamamp3pimp
03-30-2009, 11:39 PM
there is a thick wire that is cut, and connected to 2 wires on the alarm.

that should be the starter ignition wire, and thats where the starter kill circuit is connected.

dont take my word for it, find the brain........and look @ a haynes manual, reconnect all wires to themselves that are connected to the alarm system.

just removing the 12v wont fix the problem, because starter kill is still engaged...

Supergumby5000
03-30-2009, 11:45 PM
there is a thick wire that is cut, and connected to 2 wires on the alarm.

that should be the starter ignition wire, and thats where the starter kill circuit is connected.

dont take my word for it, find the brain........and look @ a haynes manual, reconnect all wires to themselves that are connected to the alarm system.

just removing the 12v wont fix the problem, because starter kill is still engaged...

im not sure i understand what you are saying. Just remove any wires from the alarm from being attached to any other wiring in the car, as if it was stock?

Racerx250
03-30-2009, 11:52 PM
Look under the hood. There should be 1 wire cut in half and the alarm wire spliced into it. Unsplice it and reconnect it as if were from the factory. Should fix the problem.

Not 100% sure same scenario for you, but for me that about it. Most likely in a large wire harness taped up. Look for a bulge in the wireloom with tape all around it. If it's not under the hood I can't help you. Possibly under the dash?

Get a haynes manual and look for the color and location of the starter wire. Find it and disconnect the alarm.

Problem solved.

Racerx250
03-30-2009, 11:52 PM
hope that helps.

edit:

Got any pictures? under hood?

Louisiana_CRX
03-30-2009, 11:53 PM
starter kill wire on the alarm brain is usually orange wire...it will feed into a relay...the relay is spliced into thev starter wires...find those and connect back together....

Racerx250
03-30-2009, 11:53 PM
any pics of the girl too?

Supergumby5000
03-31-2009, 12:30 AM
starter kill wire on the alarm brain is usually orange wire...it will feed into a relay...the relay is spliced into thev starter wires...find those and connect back together....

I'll look into that thanks, i still need to find the brian though.

I'll also get pics when its light out.

Interesting situation though. The car has been sitting for about 5 days. For Shits n giggles i went to start it about 30 minutes ago.

It started right up....

I turned it off, relocked the door, unlocked the door, then the ignition was locked again, so im wondering if its just an issue with the door wiring, or if the brain of the alarm is cooked.

Either way, i think im gonna disengage the alarm, its not being used anyways.

Supergumby5000
03-31-2009, 12:33 AM
any pics of the girl too?

not until i ask her permission.

blackdragonaudi
03-31-2009, 12:34 AM
If you can find the brain just disconnect the wiring harness to it and try that. It's worth a shot.

Supergumby5000
03-31-2009, 12:36 AM
If you can find the brain just disconnect the wiring harness to it and try that. It's worth a shot.

yeah i'll do that first. The trick is going to be finding the brain. I looked around under the dash and behind the headunit without taking too much apart and didnt see much. I have a feeling the whole dash may have to come out.

blackdragonaudi
03-31-2009, 01:49 AM
Look in the trunk I have a feeling it's there that's were mine is going to be located but I am not saying were.:sneaky:

SentraStyle
03-31-2009, 02:45 PM
The trunk is not a common place to put an alarm brain...I'd take out the gauge cluster and see if it's behind there. That is a pretty common place to put them and they are hidden and tough to get to.

ArrizX
03-31-2009, 02:51 PM
not until i ask her permission.

I just asked, she said okay.