PDA

View Full Version : custom box for an mtx 9500 15

Black_Friday
03-30-2009, 10:40 PM
Hey guys I am planning on making a custom box in my 01 bonneville. I am gonna have a single mtx 9500 15 and three hifonics amps. I am gonna run a zxi6410 4 channel to my front doors where in my custom door panels I will have two sets of 6.5 diamond audio hex components. a zxi6010 2 channel to my rear 6x9's and a bxi1608 mono block to my 9500 15. I have a few questions to ask.
1. Should I run an amp to my rears? or just run them off of the head unit?
2. When building my box for my sub, will a fiber glass baffle be strong enough to hold the 9500 with just a wooden skeleton inside like for any other box? or should I make a mdf box and just make a fiberflass face plate?
3. if i can do a full flass front, can i make a vented port? or is it wiser to make a round port?
4. my cars back seat does not fold down. only my center console does, can i build my port to move air through that little opening or should i face it towards the back of the car? I am very worried that if I build a big box, the air wont be able to really get passed it to go into the cab other wise.
All advice will be greatly appreciated. I am a beginner that is dying to learn to build great boxes

michaellane
03-30-2009, 10:47 PM
1. theres no reason to not use the 2ch on the rears. it will sound better amped.

2. you will need a brace to hold the magnet up.

3. do whatever you are able to do the best.

4. i have the same problem...my sub and port face the back of the trunk. i still fold the vent down and it by itself makes a big difference.

Black_Friday
03-30-2009, 10:58 PM
I honestly dont like my rear speakers. I feel like they sound too tingy. I wish they made them with silk tweeters but they dont. I was thinking for the rear passengers it would sound better amped too. so im thinking for the skeleton, I can do four legs up front and a brace with two legs at the magnet. I have no clue how to do a round port so I hope you guys are ready to teach me... hahaha. I want to tune the box really low like 25 hertz. I dont like high bass. I like low deep bass. so 27 is a good number. right?

michaellane
03-30-2009, 11:01 PM
well you will have to research what most people tune their mtx 9500's to. it may not sound good that low? also if you dont like the back speakers just replace them. also just research the sledge hammer boxes and build the brace just like they did.

kizz
03-30-2009, 11:52 PM
you probably wont even hear your back speakers with four components up front. you could save yourself the money from the third amp and put it into something else like deadener or a another sub.

Black_Friday
04-01-2009, 11:05 AM
I gotta be honest, I want people in the back seat to hear the music too. do you think that my kid could hear if I just had the 6x9's if they were ran off of the head unit?

jco1385
04-01-2009, 11:09 AM
if you have 2 sets up front on ~75-100w i BET you it will be heard in the back seat.