PDA

View Full Version : CDT component problems

Bayer
03-29-2009, 11:07 PM
I recently picked up a set of CDT components (http://www.woofersetc.com/p4630/EF61FG-TW25-PRO-CDT-Audio-EuroFrame-65"-2-Way-Component-w--Upgraded-TW25-Tweeter.htm) off an eclipse amp (http://www.woofersetc.com/p7270/EA4100--Eclipse-4-Ch-400-Watt-Amplifier.htm)
Ive had good luck with cdt in the past, but my stock rear door speakers are quite a bit louder than the cdts. I had an installer at my local shop set the gains with a DMM so I know its not the amp settings. Im not really sure what the hell is going on, I figured these would scream
:crap:

heres a link to my install thread on another forum, theyre not really audio guys lol
http://www.jeeppatriot.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13469

bigaudiofanati2
03-29-2009, 11:15 PM
Factory speakers usually sound louder than aftermarket because they don't manages the power they just take it.

adhumston
03-29-2009, 11:22 PM
I know this is obvious, but you don't have the fade on your HU more towards the rear? I have the HD-62 set in my truck getting fed a solid 250w or so a side, and they get much louder than I can handle.

Random1010
03-29-2009, 11:24 PM
Factory speakers usually sound louder than aftermarket because they don't manages the power they just take it.

Umm..what?

Bayer
03-29-2009, 11:31 PM
Not sure exactly what you mean either, but the rear factories are right off a kenwood ddx512

I know this is obvious, but you don't have the fade on your HU more towards the rear? I have the HD-62 set in my truck getting fed a solid 250w or so a side, and they get much louder than I can handle.

nope, fade is +2 to the front because im getting pissed off that I can hear the rears better. Could it be because I have a have a gangsta lean to my seat so im alot closer to the rears?

SWFL
03-29-2009, 11:34 PM
dude set the gains by ear and they will be twice as loud set with 1k tone and dmm and 26.4 volts for 175rms turned on some music and they were med loud and sounded good, threw some nice good music on played with the gain on the amp while playing at full tilt and got them louder until they distorted and then set the dmm and 1k tone and it was on 40 volts so yea dont use the dmm. A good buddy set my gains by the ear mobeious and know i know how to do it by ear and it works much better same with subs

Also make sure that amp is bridged otherwise only seeing 75 watts per side

Bayer
03-29-2009, 11:39 PM
dude set the gains by ear and they will be twice as loud set with 1k tone and dmm and 26.4 volts for 175rms turned on some music and they were med loud and sounded good, threw some nice good music on played with the gain on the amp while playing at full tilt and got them louder until they distorted and then set the dmm and 1k tone and it was on 40 volts so yea dont use the dmm. A good buddy set my gains by the ear mobeious and know i know how to do it by ear and it works much better same with subs

Also make sure that amp is bridged otherwise only seeing 75 watts per side

thanks everyone for the quick replies:veryhapp:
I played with the gains a little and the amp clipped and i got a little funny smell, but the speakers were distorting a little before the amp turned off.
maybe i should get an amp to feed them a little better???

SWFL
03-29-2009, 11:46 PM
yea is the amp bridged or what, u cant just turn up the gain fast do little by little while playing music also make sure the HPF is on and set to at least 80hz if u want more vocals and get louder but not alot of midbass turn it up to around 125-200hz on HIgh pass also make sure if your HU has the setting make sure it matches your amp HPF

Bayer
03-29-2009, 11:55 PM
yea is the amp bridged or what, u cant just turn up the gain fast do little by little while playing music also make sure the HPF is on and set to at least 80hz if u want more vocals and get louder but not alot of midbass turn it up to around 125-200hz on HIgh pass also make sure if your HU has the setting make sure it matches your amp HPF

Yessur, amp is bridged, gains done little by little, not with a tone though. I left the filters on the amp off because the crossovers handle that right? HPF on the amp is set around 100 hz
Im thinking I need an amp that gives more than 150?

SWFL
03-29-2009, 11:59 PM
nooo turn the HPF on the amp on and set it around try like 80hz if u want to get louder and less midbass then increase the HPF to like 125-150hz w/e u like and increase the gain u cant run alot of power and have the HPF low it trys to play too much midbass and vocals and the mids cant do that unless u have crazy mids these are good mids i got teh cdt cl-62cf set rated at 165rms and i got a zx850.4 only using 2 channel on it and set by ear then used a tone 1khz tone to see aht it said and said 40 volts so yea the tone isnt the best way. Just play some songs like set the HU to 75% of max vol like 45 out of 60 pop in some music with great highs and midbass and then play with the HPF and the gain, make sure u turn the HPF on the amp and the HU

DBBOOM
03-30-2009, 12:01 AM
Nvm.

SWFL
03-30-2009, 12:03 AM
he prob has it turned off, or full range and still set the HPF which does no good if its turned off lol