PDA

View Full Version : Keeping the box in place.

maseyferguson05
03-29-2009, 10:58 PM
Whats the best method guys? I'm having my buddy make brackets from angle iron, just like a 3 inch long piece of angle iron with 4 screw holes in it... pretty simple. What do you guys use?

hornedfrog1985
03-29-2009, 10:59 PM
I'm going to get some velcro stick on tape stuff.

geowick07
03-29-2009, 11:02 PM
Velcro, L-brackets, hanging straps...whatever does the job.
Presently, nothing is securing my enclosure but friction. Gonna take of that one of these weekends.

geo

maseyferguson05
03-29-2009, 11:05 PM
My spare tire well is right below my box, so i really can't just drill from inside my box. Perhaps i will put my brackets in the spare tire well. I don't know yet.

91Chevy
03-29-2009, 11:56 PM
Get some velcro. Run 2 or 3 strips the length of your box, on the ends and maybe in the middle. It shouldn't move.

lilmaniac2
03-29-2009, 11:57 PM
I use duct tape, folded over to be sticky on both sides

WOT
03-30-2009, 12:03 AM
I ALWAYS

ALWAYS

bolt the box to my car floor. I rolled my car once and the stereo I had back there caused more damage to the inside, than the rollover lol

Seriously, I dont believe tape or velcro is good enough if your box isnt HUGE, a smaller box (mine was 6 cubes) becomes a projectile in a car crash, a fvckin heavy one at that, it seriously scared the crap outta me when I rolled it when I seen how much damage that box did back there rolling around, broke seat mounts etc

Ill find the pic

maseyferguson05
03-30-2009, 12:13 AM
I would use velcro, but theres really not that much room to put it down due to the spare tire well. Kinda *****, but i will figure it out.

Lets see the picture of the box after the roll over.

hornedfrog1985
03-30-2009, 12:18 AM
I ALWAYS

ALWAYS

bolt the box to my car floor. I rolled my car once and the stereo I had back there caused more damage to the inside, than the rollover lol

Seriously, I dont believe tape or velcro is good enough if your box isnt HUGE, a smaller box (mine was 6 cubes) becomes a projectile in a car crash, a fvckin heavy one at that, it seriously scared the crap outta me when I rolled it when I seen how much damage that box did back there rolling around, broke seat mounts etc

Ill find the pic

Maybe in an suv. I try not to roll my car over very often.

9BlackN*Black6
03-31-2009, 08:07 PM
I secured mine by making a beefy *** box and throwing a 60 lb sub in it. It was 123 lbs when I finished it. I got my carpet at home depot and it has small ribs it and kinda grips the factory carpet a lil better than most standard box carpet. I was thinking of securing mine on the two side panels with 2 beefy screw in loops and those inline fence tightener things at farm and fleet that the middle twists, tightening the hooks on the ends. My spare tire sits right under my box too, but I still want access to it without having to carry around a tool kit.

Vermithrax
03-31-2009, 09:37 PM
I was thinking of securing mine on the two side panels with 2 beefy screw in loops and those inline fence tightener things at farm and fleet that the middle twists, tightening the hooks on the ends.

Them there's called turnbuckles city boy. ;)

9BlackN*Black6
03-31-2009, 10:37 PM
Them there's called turnbuckles city boy. ;)

Hehehe yea them there thingamajiggys....you have made my edjamacation more better! Now I dont have to sound like one of those ding-fries-are-done guys askin for em at the store!

jonny101abc
04-01-2009, 02:15 AM
3" L-Brackets work well for my almost 200lbs box, in my trunk

John

IDSkoT
04-01-2009, 02:20 AM
I ALWAYS

ALWAYS

Ill find the pic

While I recommend this, it's not necessary unless you have a shared compartment, such as a hatch back, SUV, or truck (that isn't a blow-through.) The odds of the box flying through solid metal is very unlikely. A tissue box in your car has more of a chance of killing you than a box in a trunk car.

schackel
04-01-2009, 02:21 AM
i use my kayak straps. heeehehehe

KyleBechtold
04-01-2009, 02:22 AM
yarn

Cravingbass123
04-01-2009, 02:22 AM
i use my cawk

best method is a fiberglass form hugging enclosure bonded to the floorboards with resin and impact rivets