PDA

View Full Version : Fi Q 12"

bustaplz
03-28-2009, 08:00 PM
Trying to plan a box for a friend's single cab Colorado. I think I can build a box that will fit behind the drivers seat with 1.65ft^3 or so after sub displacement. With a tuning of 33hz the response curve looks good but I can't help but think that this is a really small enclosure for the woofer. I'd be running the ports external to save volume. Can anyone check out this volume in WINISD or whatever program you choose and make sure I haven't messed up when entering the T/S parameters? He's planning on giving it about 1200w, would the small box size give it a bit better power handling? The sub is rated at 1000w.

pinkfloydms
03-28-2009, 10:10 PM
Sealed would be nice in there too. My 12" fi Q sounds great sealed(1.2cf) and is plenty loud and it's in the back of my 4 door blazer.

They recommend at least 1.8cf for ported. Check it out here.

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=7155

Q 12 We recommend using a sealed box in the neighborhood of .8-1.5 cubic feet of volume (after all displacements for those wondering). (I personally think that 1.2-1.3 cubic feet is optimal imo)

Ported box we recommend using 1.8-2.5 cubic feet @ 28-33Hz (I personally think that a 32hz tuning is optimal, and has the most output and is still the most musical daily driving). Use 12-16 square inches of vent area per cubic foot of volume.