PDA

View Full Version : New system questions

doox00
03-26-2009, 08:56 PM
I just purchased a 2000 passat 4motion and am putting a complete new system in it.

What I have purchsed so far.

Alpine CDA-9887 HU
CTX65CS - Image Dynamics 6.5" Component Speaker System (going to run active, 1 speaker on each channel)
IDQ12V3.D4 - Image Dynamics 12" IDQ Version 3 Dual 4 Ohm Sub
Alpine MRP-F600 100W x 4 Amp
Alpine MRP-M500 500W x 1 Mono Power Amp
25sq ft of dynamat clone stuff off ebay (edead xtreme)
5 yards Cabinet Carpet Charcoal 54" Wide
Power wire/speaker wire
Inline fuse for battery and fuse block for the trunk
ALPINE KCA-SC100 SIRIUS SATELLITE RADIO INTERFACE
Ipod Cable

So sometime next week I will start the install. I am going for a clean install. I am just running the single 12" in a sealed enclosure (which I am building). I want to preserve as much of my trunk as possible. Would like some ideas of enclosure design and amp rack ideas for the trunk. Any Passat (sedan) owners out there have some suggestions? Or anyone with a sedan have some nice photos of their setup to give me ideas?

thanks all

FurbiesAndBeans
03-26-2009, 08:58 PM
Everything looks good, except maybe the sound deadener. IIRC edead is very hard to use and will smell afterwards, im not 100% sure though...

doox00
03-26-2009, 09:02 PM
Everything looks good, except maybe the sound deadener. IIRC edead is very hard to use and will smell afterwards, im not 100% sure though...

I have used it before in my previous car.. just in the doors.. had no problem with it. I refuse to pay dynamat prices :) Maybe this edead is not has good as dynamat but I figured its better than nothing and the price was right :)

LaserRed38
03-26-2009, 09:06 PM
You need way more deadener too. But other than that, pretty much one of the best "noob" setups I've seen. Good luck and look forward to the build log. I always liked Passats. Look at this box here: http://www.millionbuy.com/hbx12sqtc.html

I'm running it. I had planned on going IB with my RL-p and was just going to use this as a temp box, but it has served me very well. And for about $30 shipped, hard to beat.

doox00
03-26-2009, 09:20 PM
You need way more deadener too. But other than that, pretty much one of the best "noob" setups I've seen. Good luck and look forward to the build log. I always liked Passats. Look at this box here: http://www.millionbuy.com/hbx12sqtc.html

I'm running it. I had planned on going IB with my RL-p and was just going to use this as a temp box, but it has served me very well. And for about $30 shipped, hard to beat.

That box is 1.42 cubic feet (internal size)? ID says to use .65 - 1.0 cubic feet for the sub I purchased. Anyone know if they counts the displacement for the sub? How do you determine the displacement for the sub btw?

rickymac21
03-26-2009, 09:24 PM
^^^ most times when you buy subs they come with a manual and it tells you the displacement of the sub.