PDA

View Full Version : how do sirens work?

cockeyed00
09-07-2003, 04:10 AM
I just bought a car PA system and wanted to buy a louder siren/speaker for it. I just wanted to know what the rating meant on the preaker? If it says 40 watt and the PA speaker; does it mean that it will give off 40 watts max to anything it is hooked up to OR with will give off 40 watts to only what systems amplifies 40 watts?
thanks

oO

joshpoints
09-09-2003, 03:29 PM
I just bought a car PA system and wanted to buy a louder siren/speaker for it. I just wanted to know what the rating meant on the preaker? If it says 40 watt and the PA speaker; does it mean that it will give off 40 watts max to anything it is hooked up to OR with will give off 40 watts to only what systems amplifies 40 watts?
thanks

oO

I don't know, mine just says 120db's on the top. I would think that you could mix and match sirens, but I could be wrong.

joshpoints
09-09-2003, 03:41 PM
thanks

oO

I don't know, mine just says 120db's on the top. I would think that you could mix and match sirens, but I could be wrong.

SPLThunder
09-09-2003, 11:21 PM
What is the SPL of the siren? That is how loud it is. Get a train siren. They hit some insane levels.

One Truck I played with had 24 sirens. Almost all of them were different sounding too. No one in their right mind would try to disable all of them. Youd never find them

nswartley
09-10-2003, 10:27 PM
get a police impersonation ticket....and then get your license revoked.