PDA

View Full Version : Box Dimensions?

dumfish
09-06-2003, 04:47 PM
Hey all first timer here,

I just got an infinity kappa 12" dual voice coil sub, and i know i want a sealed enclosure to save some space and for tonal reasons. So what do u guys think would be good dimensions for my box? I want the ability to run close to 300RMS, but I doubt that I will use that much often. I want the option of versatility, but my biggest thing is clarity. If there's anything else that you guys need to know, then please tell me.

Thanks

Oh yeah: Infinity recomends a box of 1 cu ft, including the driver displacement. I don't know how much space the driver displaces, which is why I turn to you guys for some assistance.

dumfish
09-06-2003, 07:41 PM
Thanks,

And how thick should the board be?
And do the actual dimensions matter or is it just the cubic feet?

dumfish
09-09-2003, 02:13 AM
Good info thanks

Based on that I have decided to make a larger box, but due to the dimension constraints of my car I would like to make a box that sits on the bottom of my trunk, in order to acheive a larger inner volume. However to do this the box goes from a box to some wierd figure I dont know the name for. The dimensions of the bottom surface are 27" x 12". And the dimensions of the top surface are 31" x 12". The box is 11" high. Using these dimension I calculated a volume of 1.58 cu ft.

Is this box ok?
Will it be impossible to make?
Is it high enough for the speaker, sound-wise? (Mounting depth: 6.5")

dumfish
09-09-2003, 09:21 PM

It will be like that, but you basically had the idea.

Now, being the person that I am, I just figured out a much easier way to make the box. Howerer, I would lose 0.12 cu ft. How big would the loss in sound quality be? Or should I just do it the hard way?

dumfish
09-11-2003, 12:56 AM
Alright, thanks for everything.