PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Gaming Computer

MrDave
03-25-2009, 05:47 AM
Yes, another one of these threads. Looking for a gaming PC for a buddy who had a little accident with his current rig.

Need a great deal, as times are tight for all of us. Looking for a quiet, efficient PC with the following.

Core 2 Duo or i7 CPU
High end video card
Small case
Good motherboard.

Memory, hard drive, power supply and optical drives not important. Thanks.

sampson
03-25-2009, 09:22 AM
hey man my mobo just died on me. I could sell you my processor / ram / vid card etc.. if you'd like. I really like my case and psu. The processor is e6420, ram is ocz pc2 85000, vid card is 8600 gts. Both the ram and the processor is 1066 fsb. So yeah it should fit what your looking for, relatively cheap that will still run a lot of games out there no problem. I've run crysis off that vid card, fallout 3 is flawless, many others as well. I wouldn't sell it if that mobo hadn't **** out on me. Oh yeah I was running it off of a dg965wh mobo. Let me know man.

MrDave
03-25-2009, 03:40 PM
Thanks for the offer. He had a 9800XT, which is very similar to that GPU you have. Looking for an upgrade to PCI-E, and probably a faster CPU. If that PSU, RAM, and case are all good, maybe I could start with that? Not sure you'd want to piece your stuff out like that, though.

MrDave
03-28-2009, 02:40 PM
Bump.

Scoobydoo
03-28-2009, 03:03 PM
do you have a local frys? they always have some nice deals on cpu/mobo combos

dell also had a 30% off coupon recently(not sure it is still active) that could be used on video cards

i can get stuff pretty cheap, but by the time it goes through me to you the savings would be pretty minimal