PDA

View Full Version : My Brain Hurts, Where Are All The Pros At???

HardHittaz00
03-24-2009, 10:51 PM
Alright, So I have begun my build... I've taken out the back seat of my caprice and fiberglassed what will be the bottom and back of the box so that I can get max air space... The top an sides will be 3/4 mdf with the front being fiberglass also... I'm not exactly good with sketching up plans, but this is an attempt at what I'm trying for... I'm going four 15" Kicker Cvrs, and they say 3.0 - 5.0 cubes for a ported box... By the mach up I'm thinkin I'm going to have 14 - 14.5, which would be 3.5 cubes a piece, will this be effecient? My last box was tuned to 32Hz, but it was for 2 L7 12"s, should this one be tuned around the same, because all I listen to is rap? I was shooting to have subs firings foward and port up, just from what I've gathered on the site this seems to be popular... And make the port rectangular out of 3/4 mdf, which by what I've tried to figure out (which probably is not right) would mean I'd have to make the port 6" high, 18" wide, and 12" deep to reach 32Hz... Would this be the best way to port this enclosure? This is the first box I've attempted to design by myself, so I need some help:confused: Somebody help me out so I can get this movin to the build log!!!

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b280/DriftinStratus00/BoxPlan.jpg

schrummy
03-25-2009, 09:26 AM
14 should be just fine. the problem is, is you will need at least 168 in^2 at 14 cubic ft for your port. also if you slim it down to just 12 cubic ft you will want around 144in^2 of port. you right now have 108in^2. how much power are you going to throw at the subs? you might be able to get by with that much. with the amount of port you have, you will lose ~1.14 cubic ft. then you have sub displacment and bracing. that should put you close to aroung 12 cubic ft net....

also yes, porting like that will work very well.

HardHittaz00
03-25-2009, 07:55 PM
Well, I lied... Its not going to be Cvrs anymore, I ended up buying re se 15"s last night after doin a little looking around... I'm not 100% on the amp yet, but odds are its going to be a Hifonics Bxi2006d... So should I make the port a little bigger then? Or make 2 seperate ports? Because like I said, that was just me trying to figure it out by myself... The top where the port will be is 62"wide x 18"deep, so I can fit a bigger port, just have to watch not to put it in the way of the back of the subs...