PDA

View Full Version : when building a box with aero's...

lowriderram_95
03-24-2009, 08:54 PM
I plan on just buying pvc pipe from home depot and using it as a port. how do I secure it to the box? does home depot sell flares that would allow me to screw it to the box?

fasfocus00
03-24-2009, 08:58 PM
I plan on just buying pvc pipe from home depot and using it as a port. how do I secure it to the box? does home depot sell flares that would allow me to screw it to the box?

i use silicon when using just pvc pipe. a thin bead on the wood than insert the pipe, than another bead on the back part after the pipe is in.

lowriderram_95
03-24-2009, 09:02 PM
and it holds alright?

stevew007
03-24-2009, 09:10 PM
I put grooves in the pvc and in the mdf then i use silicone adhesive. put the grooves on the inside of the box.and put them just below the end of the pvc so you cant see them when the port is mounted

rickymac21
03-24-2009, 09:10 PM
i had a double layered panel when i put my aeros in. i used pvc also. just place the pvc on the spot where your cutting the hole. circle the outside of the pvc with a pencil. cut that out... then once you got all those hoes cut out. take the 2nd panel and line it up straight and accurate with the panel with the holes. set the pvc in the hole then trace the INSIDE of the pvc... cut those holes out. then glue the 2 panels together. put some glue on the pvc. stick it in the hole and it when it drys itll be in there snug...

rickymac21
03-24-2009, 09:11 PM
^^ thats really confusing ,so i hope you understand it.... it works well though

KHARPS
03-24-2009, 09:15 PM
I'm not sure if home depot sells flares or not. Can you try and find someone selling some aeroports on here? They are pretty expensive new but you might be able to find some used ones.

Vermithrax
03-24-2009, 09:18 PM
Ideally you should place the port at least 1 port diameter from any wall. I make at least 2 mdf standers, cut a hole equal to the O.D. of the pipe and insert the pipe. I use caulk or a couple of screws(to act as set screws against the pipe) to keep the pipe from moving.