PDA

View Full Version : Speakers for 97 Subaru Outback

Yitzy
09-05-2003, 05:05 PM
I am looking into buying an alpine head unit for my '97 Subaru Outback and would like some suggestions on speakers (I don't know what size the car allows but I think 6.5 in (if you could find that out for me that would be great also)) I listen to techno, rock, rap, and am looking for a good bass speaker but that will also hit mid and high nice. The fronts are components but the rear i believe are just the 2 speakers. Thanks in advvnace for any suggestions!

orionmanmatt
09-05-2003, 06:50 PM
Front: will fit 6.5''
Back: will fit 6.5''

I think the mounting depth for the Subaru Outback is 2'' in the front doors. That doesn't leave you with a whole lot of good options unless you are willing to modify your door panels some.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Yitzy
09-05-2003, 11:19 PM
Thats pretty shallow... How hard is it to modify the door panels if it is that depth?

outbacksport
09-09-2003, 02:38 AM
Front 6 1/2" with max of 2 1/2" mounting depth with 3/4" spacers. Some have used 2 3/4" deep speakers but had modified the window track. Brands that i know people used in their subies, focals , mb quart, jl audio, kicker rs6c, infinity's, boston acoustics, alpine type r, diamond audio (good fit), kenwood excelon......

The rear door takes 4" stock or 5.25" but needs new holes in your doors if you dont mind. Usually it doesnt needs spacer because the window doesn't goes all the way down.
most people use coaxials for the rear fills.

Right now i have the focals 165V with a 3/4" spacer, plus some xtreme dynamat on the doors of my outback sport.
You could check the car & stereo thread in www.i-club.com and www.nasioc.com forum's.