PDA

View Full Version : 10" Fi Q Ported Box Design

oni
03-22-2009, 09:27 PM
Ok, so I'm a box noob and I need some help. I have a prefab sealed enclosure for my 10" Fi Q to get me by for now. It's about 0.9 cubes after displacement (recommended is 0.2 - 0.6) but as I said, it was a $15 box to get by temporarily. I have it running off of a Hifonics 1505d wired at 1 ohm. I love the SQ but I am slightly underwhelmed by the output.

It seemed like the amp would go into protect mode just before I had the output near where it sounded good. I hooked up my IPOD directly to the RCA input on my amp and played some Lamb of God. The output sounded very similar so I don't think it is being caused by my Line Output Converter.

I know it's only a single 10, but on some songs it doesn't even sound louder than the cheap *** 10 that came with the car. So does anyone else feel it's the box and what is a good design for a ported box for the 10" Q.

Thanks

EDIT: I am using stock radio not the one in the sig for now so I don't have to replace the 6 disc changer, sirius, and bluetooth yet. Hence the LOC

EDIT2: http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_2018_Single+10-+Sealed+MDF+Enclosure+-10SQTC-.html that's the link to said cheap *** enclosure. Also the 1.21 volume on the page is wrong.